Hosted in English | 2 Hours
About the workshop
With the pandemic making safe and socially-distanced travel the need of the times, touring places on a cycle can be a great way of turning the current situation into an opportunity. Once you get on that cycle, you’ll travel like never before – unhurriedly interacting with the environment and scenery around you, stopping to get up close and making your way conveniently to even the remotest of locations. To learn how to plan and execute a long-distance road trip, here’s what the workshop will offer
- Introduction to cycling long distance
- Finding the right cycle and equipment for your trip
- Pre-road trip checklist
– Charting a route suitable for cycling
– Physical and mental training for the trip
– Preparing to ensure safety during a pandemic
- How to pack light to cycle conveniently
- Finding good deals on accommodation and food
- Life on the road
– How to take care of your energy, mood and skin
– Can you change route/ plan mid-way?
- Ensuring safety on the road
– Should you take the highways
– Are shortcuts safe?
- Wrapping up the trip
- Questions and answers
About the host
Himanshu Shekhar is the CEO of Delhi By Cycle, India’s first city cycle tour company, which offers exploratory tours on bicycles. He has done more than 20 cycling trips across India and travelled around 20,000 km to know this magical land better! Himanshu thinks that bikepacking is the best way to interact more with locals, share smiles, and have a lot of free chai on trips! His next trip will be from Delhi to Dhaka.
You can find Himanshu on Instagram as ‘hr.the.traveler’, and check out Delhi By Cycle under the handle ‘delhibycycle’.
What you should carry along
Google Maps app to help design the route
Notebook and pen