Hosted in English | 1.5 Hours
About the workshop
Setting up your own homestay in Goa is possible without spending a huge sum of money on buying land or a property. There are lots of beautiful homes that exist already and need just an elaborate facelift before they start welcoming guests. But the property is only one of the factors you need to consider before you start this venture. Mavrick Cardoz, a homestay owner in south Goa, will tell you all about his journey, learnings and mistakes in his workshop.
- Choosing a property for your homestay
– Location, location, location
– Layout matters
– Services and other details
- Renovating and remodelling
– Planning the remodel of your homestay
– Figuring out the layout
– Selecting labours and suppliers
– Negotiating costs
- Creating a working business model
– Customer service and tourism cycle
– Low cost marketing and promotions
– Money management
– Organizing the backbone of services offered
- Breaking down the costs: capital and operating expenses
- Question and answers
About the host
Mavrick Cardoz is the owner of the lovely Casa Galgibaga in Canacona, south Goa.
After travelling across 11 countries, staying in more than 100 hotels and working with a travel agency in Europe, he realised that his true calling was channeling his learnings towards a venture in his own homeland. This is when he remembered Galgibaga village, where he spent a lot of vacations during his childhood. And thus was born his labour of love, Casa Galgibaga.
Check out the homestay on Instagram under the handle ‘casagalgibaga’.
What you should carry along
A pen and paper