Hosted in English | 2.5 Hours
About the workshop
Starting a cafe in Goa or any beachside destination is the dream! It takes careful planning and execution but is a satisfying way of making a living and feeding people the food you love. This workshop will tell you where to begin and set you on the path to making your cafe dream come true. In this workshop, Kate will talk about:
- What skills do you need to start a cafe
- How to zero in on the right location
- Figuring out legal issues and licensing
- How to put together a team and staff
- Constructing, renovating, and designing the structure of your cafe
- How to pick your decor style
- Tips on setting up a restaurant kitchen
- Creating, testing, finalising and costing of a cafe menu
- Notes on budget and accounting
- Marketing ideas that work
About the host
Kate Abramovitz runs the gorgeous Jaali Café in Patnem, south Goa. Housed in a lush walled garden, with the sound of waves nearby, Jaali Café serves food influenced by Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines.
Originally a clothes designer from South Africa, Kate shifted to Goa and opened her first boutique in 2013. Two years later, she opened Jaali Cafe. Kate is also in the process of opening up a new boutique guesthouse with a cafe on the beach.
You can find Kate on Instagram as ‘jaali.jaali’.
What you should carry along
Notepad and pen