Setting up your own homestay in the hills is possible without spending huge sums of money on buying land or a property. But cost is only one of the factors you need to consider before you start this venture. Ambika Bhardwaj, a homestay owner in Manali, will tell you all about her journey, learnings and mistakes in her workshop.
Breaking the big investment myth – How to adopt, not shop for your homestay – A broad idea about costs: capital and operating expenses
Renovating and remodelling – Planning the remodel of your homestay – Figuring out the layout – Selecting labours and suppliers – Negotiating costs
Making your homestay sustainable
Marketing and getting bookings – How I marketed my homestay on Instagram – Networking and relationship building with other properties – Targeting customers through Facebook groups
Make guests happy without losing your mind – Defining healthy physical and mental boundaries – Expectation setting with guests – Conversations and activities
About the host
Ambika Bhardwaj is a homestay owner, travel writer, and content creator on Instagram. Two years ago, she left her 9-6 job and moved to Manali for a simpler life in the mountains. In her sleepy village, life is a celebration. In this workshop, Ambika shares her experience of opening Kwaabgah, her homestay in Manali, and the steps you can take to start your own homestay in the mountains. You can find Ambika on Instagram as ‘dastaan-e-musafir’.
What you should carry along
A pen and paper
How to participate: This is a live event streamed on Zoom. Please download Zoom for free on your desktop or mobile device. After you book, you’ll receive an email with a link and details on how to join.
Participants will not be allowed to enter the workshop after 30 minutes of its commencement.
Terms and Conditions
1. All bookings for Tripoto Experiences are non-refundable.
2. Bookings are non-transferable. Your identity will be cross-checked before attending the workshop.
3. In case an experience is cancelled, the refund will be processed within 45 days.
4. Hosts alone are responsible for the experiences they provide. Tripoto assumes no liability and is only responsible for making the experiences and host's services available through the Tripoto platform.
5. The recording of the workshop will not be shared even in case of non-attendance.
All bookings for Tripoto Experiences are non-refundable.
Enter Your Details and Proceed To Pay
You missed it
Sorry, this workshop is already over, but you can check out other available workshops here