Hosted in English | 2.5 Hours
About the workshop
Setting up your own homestay in the hills is possible without spending huge sums of money on buying land or a property. But cost is only one of the factors you need to consider before you start this venture. Ambika Bhardwaj, a homestay owner in Manali, will tell you all about her journey, learnings and mistakes in her workshop.
- Breaking the big investment myth
– How to adopt, not shop for your homestay
– A broad idea about costs: capital and operating expenses
- Renovating and remodelling
– Planning the remodel of your homestay
– Figuring out the layout
– Selecting labours and suppliers
– Negotiating costs
- Making your homestay sustainable
- Marketing and getting bookings
– How I marketed my homestay on Instagram
– Networking and relationship building with other properties
– Targeting customers through Facebook groups
- Make guests happy without losing your mind
– Defining healthy physical and mental boundaries
– Expectation setting with guests
– Conversations and activities
About the host
Ambika Bhardwaj is a homestay owner, travel writer, and content creator on Instagram. Two years ago, she left her 9-6 job and moved to Manali for a simpler life in the mountains. In her sleepy village, life is a celebration.
In this workshop, Ambika shares her experience of opening Kwaabgah, her homestay in Manali, and the steps you can take to start your own homestay in the mountains.
You can find Ambika on Instagram as ‘dastaan-e-musafir’.
What you should carry along
A pen and paper