Hosted in Hinglish | 2.5 Hours
About the workshop
Who says that it is impossible to travel cashless? In fact there are many who save transport costs completely by sticking out their thumb and asking a stranger for a lift. But there is much more to hitchhiking than this. And travelling for free only works when you manage to score free food and accommodation. This workshop will teach you how to do just that.
- How to get ready and pack your bag for hitchhiking
- The art of hitchhiking, and how to ask for a free ride
- How to cycle or walk to your destination
– Push your body's limits: Diet and exercise
– Know your cycle and learn how to fix it
– Get acquainted with the lifestyle: Early mornings and early nights
– Mood matters; how to keep your brain happy and motivated
- Food and accommodation: How to pay the bills
- Practical safety tips
- Dos and don'ts for a happy hitchhiker
About the host
Aakash Ranison is a responsible traveller and climate activist. He has walked 8,000 km, cycled 20,000 km, and hitchhiked 50,000 km during his travels. He is also a photographer, blogger, author, kayaker, trekker, YouTuber and three-time TEDx speaker.
You can find Aakash on Instagram as ‘aakashranison’ or read more about him at aakashranison.com.
What you should carry along
A notepad and pen
"I can" mindset