Immerse yourself into the throngs of the rich and vibrant Kumaoni culture as you stay in this offbeat retreat located in the Hariyal village of Nainital. Peacefully perched on a hill-top, inside the Naina Devi Himalayan Bird Conservation Reserve, this retreat is every bit eco-friendly yet semi-luxurious in nature. Overlooking the Panchahuli range of the majestic Himalayas, this is the perfect place to find your oneness with nature!
The retreat comes with a free one-time rescheduling option. Let us know 72 hours ahead of the stay and pick another date as per your convenience within the next three months.
Please note that single occupancy prices mentioned are not applicable during peak season dates.
- Living in a rustic Kumaoni homestay.
- Get a glimpse of the Kumaoni lifestyle.
- Stargazing from the property’s deck.
- Pluck herbs and brew your own herbal tea.
Stay and host
- You will stay in eco-friendly mud and wooden huts on a double sharing basis for INR 7,000.
- Oak, rhododendron & deodar trees will sooth your eyes.
- There is a 10-minute (approx 150 mts) steep hike from the parking lot to the property.
- Wildlife enthusiast, full time Journalist/Producer turned freelancer & entrepreneur, Noman Siddiqui is now creating eco-friendly, sustainable tourist accommodation and spaces to promote sustainable tourism on the hills of Uttarakhand.
How to Reach :
By road:Hariyal can be reached by road from Delhi (338 kms) and Nainital (18 kms).
By Bus:Haldwani bus stop (48 km) is in close proximity, and it takes 2 hours’ time from the bus stop to the property.
By Air:The nearest airport is Pantnagar airport, 77 km away from the property. It takes about 3 hours from the airport to reach the property.
By Train:The nearest railway station is Kathgodam, at 56 km from the property.