Hosted in Hinglish | 20 Hour
About the workshop
This 4-week long yoga challenge is for those who want to establish a routine and commit to daily practice.
It is a beginner-friendly course for anyone who wants to focus on creating strength and flexibility in each yoga pose, week by week. Each beginner class will have a theme, such as hip openers, backbends, twists and include core strengthening poses.
Each of the 20 sessions will be 60-minutes long. Note: There will be no class on Sundays and on Diwali from November 13 to 14.
Week 1: Yoga philosophy, creating awareness and working on the basics of body and breath
- Introduction to yoga
- Body alignment and breathing correctly
- Introduction to Pranayama and the importance of closing your eyes
- Yoga for acceptance
Week 2: Practicing basic asanas
- Forward bending poses (yoga for letting go)
- Heart opening poses (yoga for love)
- Twisting and bending (yoga for liberation)
- Balancing and stretching (yoga for celebration)
Week 3: Vinyasa flow or transitioning from one asana to the other
- Connecting the asanas and moving through them (yoga for connection)
- Relaxing practices (yoga for surrender)
- Introduction to surya namaskar
Week 4: The perfect posture for surya namaskar
- Working on the core (yoga for power)
- Holding each asana (yoga for inner space)
- Achieving flexibility (yoga for expansion)
- Sitting sequence (Yoga for grounding)
- Vinyasa flow for arms and upper back
- 22 rounds of surya namaskar
About the host
Shalini Munduiya has been practicing yoga and incorporating its philosophy in her life for over 8 years now. She creates a safe, non-competitive space for her students to dive beneath the surface of their daily lives to find deeper meaning and inspiration. Her classes offer creative sequences with intentional themes, emphasizing the importance of proper alignment, pranayama breathing techniques, mindfulness, and meditation. She guides students with the help of movement, stillness, and discovering relationships between body, mind, and spirit.
You can find Shalini on Instagram as ‘lini_mun’.
What you should carry along
A yoga mat
A hand towel
A steady internet connection