I believe u must be coming from bangalore so u can follow this itinerary -
for chikmagalur 2 days will be enough.... places to visit :
1. baba budangiri
2. z point at baba budangiri
3. mullayanagiri(highest peak in karnataka)
4. hirekolale lake 5. jhari waterfall(must visit... u have to go by share jeep, the waterfall is covered with the coffee plantation) the go to sakleshpur(1 day will be enough), places to visit:
1. manjarabad fort
2. bisle view point
3. magahalli waterfall then if u want u can visit beach area like mangalore and udupi or u can go to madikeri(coorg) i.e. a hill station.
1. tannirbhavi beach
2. panambur beach
3. someshwar beach
4. have authentic gudbud ice cream from pabba's ice cream cafe (mangalore is the ice cream capital of india) then u can go to udupi(50kms from bangalore)
visit st. mary's island that is a very beautiful island .
2. maravanthe beach (one side river and one side beach) I had been in mangalore for 1yr u can ask me if u want to know anything else.