If you are looking for cheap restaurants, in Old Delhi than voila! You are in for a great luck. Old Delhi is like the dream place for foodies who love cheap yet tasty and good food, street food. Infact let me guide you through the best places. 1. One of the Best Location is in and around the famous and historic Chandni Chowk. As you might know, at one end of the Chandni Chowk is Red Fort. exactly opposite to it, on the other end is a place called as Fatehpuri. As you reach Fateh puri from Red Fort, take a right. You will land into a road called as Church Mission road. A little through the road you will to a fork, take the left. you come to a road called as Gandhi Gali. In this road itself you get some of the best food outlets. As you enter the road, just walking 3-4 minutes you come to a small hotel on your right hand side called as Inderpuri Restaurant. It's one of the best Veg Restaurants I have ever experienced. you get amazing north Indian dishes and that too in its most authentic forms. Their butter nan is one of the most delicious and huge Nan I have ever had. You can find various other finger licking yummy dishes ranging from mixed veg, butter paneer, kadhai paneer etc. It's totally a must visit place if you are in the area. Just opposite to Inderpuri is a small Lassi shop. You can't miss it. That's where I have tasted one of the best and most creamiest Lassi's in the Country. The name of the Shop is Jagdish Narayan Pandey and Sons. Infact it's quite famous in the area. Just adjoining to the lassi shop, just the next shop infact is a restaurant called Giani's. It's famous in the area for it's Rajma Chawal and Chole Bhature. This place is quite ideal for Breakfast. The place also gives you amazing Icecream's. 2. If you love parathas, you should not miss the famous Parathe wali Gali in Chandni Chowk. Infact you can find other amazing street food stalls in Chandni Chowk. 3. If you are looking for Non Veg food, head directly towards Jama Masjid. You will experience the best of Non veg dishes, probably a remnant of the Mughal kitchens which still Lingers on. One of the best place to eat out in near the Jama Masjid Area is Karims.It's one of the oldest running restaurant in Delhi. It has been around since almost 1800's.
Hi Koustubh, Listing below the best cheap eating places in old Delhi.
1. You can enjoy a meal for two in just INR 300 at 'Aslam Chicken' (Jama Masjid), commonly known for its butter chicken tikka, fish, tandoori chicken, buttery chicken and many more things 2. Or, at 'Qureshi Kabab Corner' (Jama Masjid) famous for its rolls, seekh kebab, beef kebab, biryani and a lot more in just INR 200 for two people. Vegetarian options:
1. Giani's di Hatti (Chandni Chowk) famous for rabri faluda, chole bhature, lassi and rajma chawal in just INR 150 for two people 2. Babu Ram Paranthe Wale (Chandni Chowk) known for its pudina parantha, mixed vegetables, lassi and rabri parantha in INR 150 for two people Desserts:
1. Cool Point Shahi Tukda (Chandni Chowk) famous for its shahi tukda, faluda, mango ice cream and phirni in INR 100 for two people
2. Kuremal Mohal Lal Kulfi Wale (Chawri Bazaar)known for its fruit cream kulfi, mango kulfi, kesar-pista kulfi and jamun kulfi in just INR 200 for two people Please note :The prices mentioned are in approximate figures.
Hi Koustubh! If you're a foodie looking for a budget friendly yet scrumptious meal, Old Delhi is going to be heaven for you. Here are some joints you can try out: 1. Karim's
2. Old Famous Jalebi Waala 3. Paranthe Waali Gali 4. Qureshi Kabab Corner
5. Kuremal Mohal Lal Kulfi Wale Get a more comprehensive idea with these articles focused just on food!