As opposed to common opinion, Goa is much more than just bars and pubs... it is all about serene beaches, scooter rides, adventure sports - water sports and the newly introduced bungee jumping and not to forget, Goan delicacies !
I am assuming that you will start driving Early morning on first day. Approx. 5 AM. and drive calmly to reach Goa. Enjoy the morning driving, take enough stops and pics on the way. The plan assumes that you will not drive in Night. Day 01 : Arrive and Chillax @ Goa
- Arrive at Goa You will reach around 3 PM. Proceed to hotel. Find hotel near Baga/Condolim beaches.
- Take rest for couple of hours after driving for 10 hours. Hot water shower and fantastic atmosphere of Goa will definitely make you feel good.
- Visit famous beaches Baga and Condolim (Must See). Eat, Drink and Chill on the beach. Do some shopping around if you have time and energy. You can enjoy adventures sports on these beaches if you are visiting in Winter season. But I guess they will not be available after Sunset. Day 02 : North and South Goa Sigh seeing (Little Hectic but it will cover all the major attractions)
- Start Early in the Morning around 8 AM.
-You can cover the attractions in below order. It starts from North Goa and ends in South Goa. Hire a bike to avoid delays due to traffic.
- Visit Chapora Fort (Must see if you are fan of "Dil Chahta Hain" Bollywood movie.
- Visit Anjuna Beach and Va-gator Beach (Average Beaches. You can see it if you want to cover all the beaches)
- Calangute Beach, Fort Aguada. (Must See) South Goa
- Visit Dona Paula overlooking the beach.
- Se Cathedral (Museum)
- Visit St. Fansis Church, Church Of Saint Augustine Ruins, Shree Mangeshi Temple. ( People are not allowed to wear shorts, sleeveless, picnic wear etc. kindly wear appropriate clothing while visit this temples.) You can skip South Goa if you are not interested in Churches and Temples and Sightseeing. Alternatively enjoy more adventures sports on North Goa Beaches like Condolim and Baga beaches. Day 03:
- Visit Any 1-2 attractions if you have skipped earlier day. I would suggest spend some time trying some authentic food if you are foodie. Avoid driving earlier this day as you will have a 10 hours drive ahead assuming you are leaving back to Pune in the afternoon. Start around 2 PM on your return Journey. Other Tips.
- Go To Sites like (MustSeeIndiaDotCom) About India, India Travel Guide, Holiday Packages, Tour & Travel Packages and make a list of attraction you want to cover on day 2. Go to Google Maps and plan the order in which you will visit those attraction based on their location and best time to visit those attractions. - Do Not drink and Drive
- Have a safe trip.
- If possible, take a overnight train / bus a night earlier so you will be less tired and you will get more time starting morning of First Day by avoiding driving your own vehicles for 10 hours. Also you can leave late night on 3rd day.
Depends on how you want to travel. if it is to be a laid back luxurious trip then you have many others who can tell you. but if you want to explore goa like me, just go to a beach and rent a cottage, rent a two wheeler and just visit the hidden beaches and also the famous beaches. try having local dishes. relax in any shack and have beer. South Goa is a must try. explore the hidden beaches as much as possible.
Goa has something to do for all ages, all interests and all seasons. In the monsoons Goa is filled with greenery and waterfalls and is so beautiful. It is the perfect time for treks, white water rafting, spice farm visits etc.
Book through Airbnb if you are going with your Partner...
Google few scooty renters and contact them in advance... Rent a scooty at as low as ₹ 300/- a day...
November to mid March is a great time to visit...