Must visit Paradise beach. It's a true paradise. Do visit french colony and rock beach. Go out on a stroll at rock beach during evening. There are various cafes in french colony which serve great food. If staying in Auroville then you can probably go to auroville beach and enjoy food at various french cafes.
Definitely go to Paradise beach and auroville. Try some pizza at Xstasy pizza, some south Indian street food around the rock beach and some cold coffee at Le Cafe at the Rock Beach. visit french colony for beautiful streets and lovely architecture.
Definitely head to the French colony. Eat at the Neemrana there which is located at a lovely old colonial building :) There is also hidesign that has their own restaurant and hotel. Also drop into the Alliance Francaise. They're all within walking or cycling distance within the French Colony. Hope this helps!
Hey! Pondicheery is one of the most loved place for serenity seekers. Must visit these places: Rock Beach, Auroville, Pondicherry Botanical Garden, Promenade, Ousteri Lake, Immaculate Conception Cathedral, Paradise Beach. For food visit these places: Cafe Xtasi, Artika Cafe Gallery, Cafe des Arts, Cafe Carte Blanche, La Maison Rose, Cafe de Flore.
November is one of the perfect time to visit Pondicherry. You can enjoy the beauty of the French colony and the architecture. Walk around the streets of White town early in the morning and have a tea at Le Cafe during sunrise with the scenic beach view. Don't forget to explore Auroville and Matri Mandir. They can give you an unique experience and you can get a chance of meeting new people from different countries. Other places of attractions are Paradise beach,Serenity beach and Ousteri Lake.
November is probably the best time to visit Pondicherry. Apart from all the suggestions these experienced travellers have shared with you, I would like to add a few more pointers - 1. If you have an extra day in hand, do visit Pichavaram Mangrove Forest. It is around 3 hours drive from Pondicherry, but the experience is completely out of the world.Also, please note that the one who would row the boat for you wont take you deep within, unless you pay a lil extra to him. But trust me, you are not gonna regret it. 2. In case you want to enter the Matri Mandir, you would require a pass for the same. I would suggest please take that atleast a day well in advance.
3. Stay in the White Town (French Quarter) atleast for a day. (I split my stay - one day in the french town and another one in a resort at the ECR Road)
4. Take the ferry from Chunnambar Boat House to reach Paradise beach. The place resonates with the name.
5. Avoid going to Cafe Xtasy,its extremely overrated. The food was very average. I'd rather recommend places like cafe Tanto's (do try their wood fried Pizza's), Bakers Street,Le cafe, Cafe De Arts, Zuka (for its amazing chocolates and pastries), Asifee Biryani (for their biryani and fish) as well As GMT (very reasonably priced gelato ice creams)
6. Incase you are planning to stay in a hostel, Micasa hostel is superb, located right in the heart of Pondicherry and close to all major tourist attractions and eating joints.
7. The best way to travel in Pondicherry is to hire a scooty or bike. If you need any specific information, feel free to ask. Happy travel!!!
White town area is amazing to walk around in and getting those Instagrams. Do catch the sunrise at promenade beach.le cafe is situated there and open 24/7.
Other places would be auroville. Do book a slot should you wish a slot for meditation there in Advance.
The auroville and serenity beaches are scantily crowded. Paradise beach has water sports options.
Baker Street, let cafe and cafe Des arts are not to be missed
Hi Ruchi, Take a boat ride to the Paradise Beach
Go Scuba Diving for an underwater date with colorful corals
Walk along the Seafront: Stroll Away from Urban Chores and Noises Happy Travelling! Thanks,