Start with Phuket as the crowd at the airport would be lesser which makes it easier to get the visa on arrival. From Phuket, you can do day trips to James Bond island and Phi phi island. Ask you hotel for a good deal. 3 days in Phuket is sufficient. You can spend the remaining two days in Bangkok for shopping and local sightseeing
In Phuket, 1. Try staying closer to the Patong Beach. It would be helpful to go to nearby places such as the Patong beach, Bangla road, the street food market, Kata and Karon beaches. There will be many shops nearby selling day tour packages and offering bike rentals as well.
2. Places to see - Day trip to Phang Nga bay. This includes Koh Panak island, James Bond island, Koh Panyi island (where you stop for lunch), Hong island and canoeing and Naka island. Choose a speed boat rather than long tail or big boat as it covers more places. Alternatively, you can also book a Phi Phi island day tour, although in my opinion Phi Phi deserves atleast 2-3 days by itself. You can read my post on Phi Phi in my Tripoto profile.
3. Other places in Phuket - Big Buddha, Karon View point, Promethep Cape view point, Freedom and Paradise beach, Wat Chalong temple, Flying Hanuman Ziplining, Phuket town day tour, Phuket night markets, Bangla road night life (do not miss this). If you have more time you can even try to visit the Similan islands in the Andaman sea. Phi Phi islands (you need to reach here via ferry from Phuket)
1. Again here also you can book a one day tour package which included Viking Cave, Monkey beach, etc.
2. Phi Phi view point.
3. Scuba diving - There are numerous dive shops on the island offering scuba experience.
4. Beach nightlife on Loh Dalum beach.
5. Long Beach if you want a less crowded beach. Krabi
1. If you're traveling to Krabi by ferry, make sure to get down at the Ao Nang pier. You can ask for this while purchasing the ferry ticket.
2. Beaches to see - Phra Nang Cave beach, Railay East and Railay West beaches (reachable only via longtail boats)
3. Tham Phra Nang Nai (Diamond cave) - 10 mins inland from Railay beach. It closes by 6PM.
4. Other places in Krabi - Four island day tour, Emerald Pool and Hot Springs (about 70km from Krabi town), Tiger cave temple (but you need to climb 1237 steps to reach this!), Wat Kaew Korawaram temple. Do DM me in case you need further details on the itinerary. I have previously planned a 9-day itinerary including Bangkok, Phuket, Phi Phi islands and Krabi.
Try to stay in area which is nearby or easily reachable (by metro/cab/bus) to the places you want to visit. Airbnb, agoda.com and booking.com have great stays at reasonable prices. All of the stays we booked also came either with breakfast included or atleast with basic kitchen amenities like oven, plates, kettle so we were able to make one meal a day by ourselves and save food cost to some extent. Below are the stays we booked, for reference:
1. Bangkok (both booked on Airbnb)
a. Never Ending Journey's home, very close to DMK airport.
b. 2nd stay booked near Soi Sukhumvit area, walkable from Thong Lo metro station.
2. Phuket - Patong Studio Apartments, walkable to Patong beach and surrounding areas.
3. Phi Phi - Kitty Guesthouse, a bit far from main entrance to island but had good reviews, a nice view from the room and breakfast included. Some hotels in Ban Thai road were also good.
4. Krabi - Oscar Villa, in Ao Nang area, close to Ao Nang pier.
All above places were booked for 4 ppl so was within budget when divided.
Any suggestions regarding stay at various location.... i m planning to start from bankok n transfer to phuket on same day n stay at phuket (3night) phi phi ( 1 night) krabi ( 2 night) Bangkok ( 3 night)......
It depends on the kind of places you want to visit. Bangkok has 2 airports, Phuket and Krabi have an airport also. We wanted to explore both cultural attractions in Bangkok and the beaches/islands in Phuket, Phi Phi, Krabi so we planned Bangkok > Phuket > Phi Phi > Krabi > Bangkok > Bangalore. It was kind of a round trip but it suited our itinerary and budget best. If you find a good direct flight to Phuket, I'd recommend you can start from there.
Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi are all reachable via ferry to and fro.
It is an amazing idea to spend some time in these parts of Thailand.
You can start by landing in Phuket and Indigo now has direct flights which are not super expensive.
Patong beach is the place to be if visiting Phuket for the first time.
Rent a bike (or car with if more people) and head to Big Buddha and Phuket town for a day or take a trip to James Bond Island along with other islands.
Take a boat to Phi Phi next. Phi Phi:
Here is where most people make a mistake: they don't stay in Phi Phi. Phi Phi is beautiful and can be explored in a couple of days.
Take the Ibiza cruise or another booze cruise and party around the islands while sailing and checking out islands.
Also, check out the Phi Phi view point for a perfect Instagram picture.
Do not stay at Ao Nang beach unless staying at a fancy resort.
Check out Railay and make sure you stay. You'll thank me for this. Do take a look at my blog for more reference:
https://www.gonimad.com/blog/adventures-of-a-solo-indian-traveler-1https://www.gonimad.com/blog/adventures-of-a-solo-indian-traveler-2 Also, reach out to me if you need any help. I've been living in Thailand for a year now 😊
Related Questions For You
Earn credits when your answers are upvoted by others.