Keep the location tracker/GPS on all time in your phone. I know it eats up a lot of battery but hey! that’s what us a power bank is for. Buy clothing or customize them (at home yourself) with inner hidden pockets and zips. Believe me. it is worth it. Have your own water canteen and snacks/food supply. A few protein bars and lozenges are a must. They energize and hydrate you. Sturdy travel gear and shoes are a must while traveling. As you are traveling solo travel light with minimal accessories. Keep basic medicines in your bag all the time- PS - The must-have medicines in your kit- Domperidone/Domestic - VomitingAnalgesic and Pain reliever
Cyclopam - Abdominal pain
Meftal Plus - Menstrual cramps.
Flagyl/Metrogyl 400 - Loose motion and diarrhea like symptoms
Amox Cap 500 - Antibiotic in case of infections
Vasograin - a Migraine
Antihistamine / Anti Allergic
Hyoscine - Motion Sickness
ORS, Cotton, Gauge, Band-aids, Antiseptic, salt and sugar, tissues, hand sanitizers, and thermometer. Keep your gadgets to the basic minimum. A phone, a camera (optional), a power bank, travel charger and Kindle (if you are bibliophile). Carry lots of Xerox of all the official papers and tickets and also a few sets of photographs. You never know where you will need. Aways and I repeat always use public transports. No pitching a solo ride or cabs. Good Luck!!!
You just need the following things :-
2. passion for traveling
3. a smile 4. little money in your pocket and 5. belief in yourself Just go for it, don't think too much. World is more beautiful than we think it is, and people are nice. Stay strong and confident. cheers .
Since it is your first solo trip, do sort of a detailed planning, because you don't want to get lost into what to do next!
But be open to exploring something that was not in your plan - that is open to modifying your plans
Be aware of your surroundings - Read about the place before you leave
Take in every moment as a breath of fresh air
Depending on the place you are traveling to, keep cash handy and your gadgets/valuables secure
Keep at least one person informed about your whereabouts All the best and feel free to drop in a message if you have any more concerns :)
These are the following things I follow after starting to travel solo. 1. Plan your budget for the travel. 2. Always carry buffer cash, cause sometime you may not find ATM machines when needed.
3. Pay Electronically wherever possible due to same reason as above.
4. Don't keep all your cash/cards in the same place. Split them in multiple bags,wallets and pockets
5. Always carry minimum Medication such as paracetamol, cotton, band-aids, pain relief balms/sprays
6. Pack smart, and don't pack too many heavy clothes.
7. Use hostels and Cloak rooms it will help you save a lot of money.
8. Minimize carrying electronics. 1 power bank, 1 Digi cam and charger should be suffice.Dont carry more than 1 power bank as they are heavy..
9. If you are planning on a long continous travel avoid buying large souvenir. They take up space!
10. Let any one of your friend/family be aware of where you are. Update them at least once in 2/3 days( in case of emergency)
Welcome to the world of travellers !
Start from something you are comfortable and confident about .
Eg you may choose your first solo trip destination which is 100-200 km from your town.
Based on your experience you can increase the distance . Keep someone in your family informed of your travel plan as an emergency backup
Wish you happy and safe travels
Plan well- this takes care of most of the things.
Carry power bank as you rely a lot on your phone.
Always carry water and some light snacks.
Check the weather ahead and pack clothes accordingly. Have a good pair of walking shoes. Always lock up your important docs and valuables in the hotel when exploring a place and avoid carrying them.
Few things to be with you little things but important 1. offline gps 2. some food to feed yourself you don't know when you are hungry while travelling 3. off course hard cash in you pocket because you don't know if you will get to use your card or not 4. and if you are on your own vehicle carry sone extra fuel with you you don't know how far is next refilling station
Related Questions For You
Earn credits when your answers are upvoted by others.