I hope you have made your trip. It would be helpful for travellers if you share the travel details:
5.Places to see
6.Tips for travellers etc.
Hi Anil, I would not recommend travelling to Ladakh in the month of May. It will be quite cold and most roads would be covered in snow becoming dangerous to travel.
I would suggest planning a trip to Ladakh in mid - June as probably the best period (if you haven't planned yours yet). It is not too cold since summers have just started and you can witness both the barren landscapes and snow covered peaks.
The temperature during this time is Maximum 6° C, Minimum -5° C. The days are a bit brighter with a sunny side but the evenings are cold. Those of you who are making a mind of going to Ladakh at this time then you will see a different side of Ladakh with white and greenish views. Most of the places will be empty as it is not a tourist season. You will have a lot of time exploring the whole place on your own.
If you are planning to travel by road during this time then it is not possible as both the highways will remain closed. It is better to take a flight from Delhi or Srinagar. The sky will be a bit clearer at this time so you can enjoy the scenic views. Camping at the Pangong and Nubra is not possible at this time of the year. But you will have a chance to enjoy some of the festivals which are held during this month. Some of them are Matho Nagrang, Stok Guru Tsechu, Yargon Tungshak Festivals.
So guys here are detailed about each of the month and the weather condition of Leh Ladakh. All you have to do is to decide the best month for you to travel to this exotic destination. Make some memories along with your loved ones and cherished them forever.
Dear Anil, yes it is good time. Also go through this and make your own Itinerary. (i) Leh
1. Hall of Fame Museum 2. Namgyal Tsemo Monastery 3. Leh Palace 4. Zorawar Fort 5. Shanti Stupa ( Buddhist temple ) 6. Shey Palace ( Monastery ) 7. Thiksey ( Monastery ) 8. Hemis Gompa 9. Magnetic Hill 10. Gurudwara Pathar Sahib 11. Khardung La (ii) Nubra Valley
1. Diskit Gompa 2. Hunder Sand Dunes with Camel Safari 3. Turtuk Village 4. Tiger Camp 5. Charasa 6. Ensa Monastery (Gompa) 7. Yarab Tso Lake 8. Panamik Hot Spring (iii) Pangong Lake (iv) Changthang
1. Chushul 2. Hanle with Indian Astronomical Observatory 3. Tso Moriri Lake with wildlife 4. Puga Valley 5. Tso Kar Lake 6. Yaye Tso 7. Chumathang Hot Spring 8. Kiyari war memorial (v) Aryan Valley (vi) Leh to Kargil
1. Nimu village 2. Likir, Alchi, Lamayuru Monastery 3. Fotu La, Namika La 4. Mulbekh Monastery (vii) Suru Valley
1. Parkachik Glacier 2. Nun Kun mountain 3. Rangdum (viii) Zanskar Valley
1. Padum 2. Phuktal Gompa 3. Chadar Trek (ix) Hemis National Park
1. Stok kangri 2. National Park but Main Focus SNOW LEOPARD (x) Leh - Manali Road Trip
*** Leh --> Shey --> Thiksey --> Karu --> Upshi --> Rumtse --> Taglang La --> Debring --> More plains --> Pang --> Lachalung La --> Sarchu --> Suraj Tal --> Baralacha La --> Zing Zing Bar --> Darcha --> Jispa --> Kyelang --> Gondhla --> Khoksar --> Rohtang La --> Kothi --> Manali
Related Questions For You
Earn credits when your answers are upvoted by others.