I have done a lot of research on Thailand for when I will visit Thailand. I have made my own itenery. Hope this helps. Day1- Bangkok to Pattaya: 350rs
Pattaya(stay between santuary of truth & walking street- Happy Hostel/hi capsule hostel-- Sanctuary of truth(1100rs),walking street, Day2-
coral island(by yourself)(1600rs/bargain for water sports/scuba diving)
Pattaya to phuket(night of day2- 5pm)- 3500rs/792thb,
Phuket(Patong Posted): Phi Phi Island(4 island tour/snorkeling)(2500), Day4-
big buddha, patong beach
Phuket to krabi- 500
Krabi(The moment hostel)- 4island tour(3000rs),
Krabi to bangkok(2500)
Stay near khaosan road in bangkok
Bangkok- Khaosan road(night), Day8- [grand palace, wat pho, wat saket, wat phraw](1800) Sea world(1600),
Hey Poulami Das, Thanks for the response and the itinerary. I have already been to Bangkok and the list of places that you mentioned. Sry.. I should have mentioned that in my question. Def will pick up suggestions for Pattayya, Phuket & Krabi. Thanks.
Hey Poulami Das, you are very smart traveler, you have studied in thorough about the places and planned before travelling. Its very wonderful itinerary. Though i suggest some more additions, you might have planned, just my suggestions. 1.you should include food expenses. 2. local ticket fees completely 3. ferry charges. 4. consider carrying forex card... happy travels
Excuse my very long answer!! :)
In Phuket, 1. Try staying closer to the Patong Beach. It would be helpful to go to nearby places such as the Patong beach, Bangla road, the street food market, Kata and Karon beaches.
2. We stayed in a place called Patong Studio Apartments, just a 10 min walk from Patong beach. The place was budget friendly and hotel staff were very helpful. There was a vending machine downstairs with reasonably and good tasting coffee, several restaurants and massage shops nearby. Massage is cheaper in Phuket than Bangkok or Krabi.
3. There were also shops selling day tours and bike rental places. We rented a bike in one of the shops and it was very cheap. 4. We also booked Phang Nga bay day tour from one of the shops there at a steal deal. If you keep negotiating they are bound to give you a very reasonable price. Alternatively, you can also book a Phi Phi island day tour, although in my opinion Phi Phi deserves atleast 2-3 days by itself. You can read my post on Phi Phi in my profile.
5. Other places in Phuket - Big Buddha, Karon View point, Promethep Cape view point, Freedom and Paradise beach, Wat Chalong temple, Flying Hanuman Ziplining, Phuket town day tour, Phuket night markets, Bangla road night life (do not miss this). If you have more time you can even try to visit the Similan islands in the Andaman sea. Krabi
1. The places in Krabi are not very well known as much as in Phuket or Phi Phi or Pattaya so it might be a bit difficult for even the locals to point you to the right direction. Google maps didn't really help us!
2. If you're traveling to Krabi by ferry, make sure to get down at the Ao Nang pier. You can ask for this whole purchasing the ferry ticket.
3. Most hotels in Krabi were on the pricier side when we booked (for our budget at that time) but the stay was well worth it. Krabi is not as cheap as Phuket but still manageable. You can again rent a bike or car for going to places in Krabi.
4. To visit the Phra Bang and Railay beaches which are reachable only via longtail boats, you need to enter "Ao Nang boat service" in Google maps and this gives you the exact location from where you can take longtail boats to see the Railay and Phra nang beaches.
Take it from a person who was driving around in circles before finally finding this place 😂
5. You have to deal directly with the longtail boat "captain" to negotiate on ticket prices and they sometimes start the boat only when there are atleast 8 people aboard (but 4 of us went on a boat by ourselves).
6. Visit the Phra Nang cave when you go to Phra Bang beach. Very interesting.
7. Now getting to Railay beach from Phra Nang beach and vice versa is very tricky so make sure to let your boat captain know whether to drop you in Railay (East/West) first or Phra Nang first based on your preference. We ended up taking another long tail boat to Railay as no one in Phra Nang beach could help us with the directions to the walkable path (there is apparently a path).
9. A very cool place to visit 10 mins inland from Railay beach is Tham Phra Nang Nai (Diamond cave). Not very well known but definitely worth a visit! It closes by 6PM.
10. Other places in Krabi - Four island day tour, Emerald Pool and Hot Springs (about 70km from Krabi town), Tiger cave temple (but you need to climb 1237 steps to reach this!), Wat Kaew Korawaram temple.
Krabi is very peaceful, very beautiful and sometimes seems like there is no human population at all, people do not even honk on the roads! Basic tips/tricks:
1. Buy a SIM card at the airport with a basic plan which has more internet. Although most hotels have WiFi, you still need data when you go outside!
2. Download ride hailing apps such as Grab (popularly used in Thailand). It's incredibly user friendly and will not benefit you much in Phuket but rather in city like Pattaya or Bangkok. 3. Carry ready to eat food with you. It may not always be possible to eat all three meals outside although Thailand food is relatively cheap and you can survive on street food if you're a non vegetarian. 4. Make use of the 7-Eleven stores, there's literally one in every corner. They sell really great ready to eat food which they heat it for you in the shop itself. The 7-11 bread and jam is what I survived on for so many days.
They also sell all sorts of necessities.
5. Carry adequate basic medicines for treating cold, fever, sore throat and upset stomach and mainly sea sickness. All of these came in handy for us. 6. If you're renting a car or bike, they will ask to keep your passport sometimes and it's only because people have been known to steal the vehicles. Your Indian license is sufficient for renting.
7. Make sure to read up on basic Thailand traffic rules especially if you're renting a car. All cars there are automatic and sometimes you get caught by the tourism police for breaking minor rules.
8. Use Klook app for booking any low cost sightseeing which may not otherwise be available in a tour/travels shop. But prices will vary between INR and THB.
9. For domestic flights - Nok Air is a great airline, Thai Lion Air and Thai Airways can also be used.
10. For hotel bookings, booking.com, agoda.com or Airbnb can be used.
11. When booking ferry, make sure to and from hotel transfers are included.
12. Scuba diving is more expensive and water clarity is lower in comparison to Scuba in Phi Phi islands. I know it's more information that asked for but I hope this helps you with planning your trip!! :)