Best places to visit in Udaipur,
Fateh sagar lake, (Do try kulhad coffee from sai sagar coffee house)
Sahiliyon ki baadi,
Maharana pratap smarak with museum,
City palace and lake pichola,
and also if u get time, then do visit Haldighat, ( it is the best museum one has ever seen ) and local market of Udaipur, they also have tibet market over there.... Enjoy ur trip!!!
You can live at backpackers hostel like gostops,zostel etc. Also, you can try the food at Natraj. They give like a huge Gujarati thali which tastes amazing and is cost-effective. To travel you can visit Sajjangarh fort, City Palace, Saheliyon ki bari, bagore ki haveli, badi lake, take a boat ride at Lake Pichola,
try local food at Sukhadia circle, etc.
There are a lot of hostels and budget hotels available in Udaipur. You can check agoda.com or booking.com for good prices. Book your stay in the Old city near Lake Pichola so that all major attractions are nearby.
Below places can be covered in a single day (I did this) if you start a bit early:
1. City Palace, Udaipur
2. Jagdish Temple (on the way to City Palace)
3. Sahelion-ki-Bari (15 min auto ride from City Palace)
4. Fateh Sagar Lake (boat rides are available here but Lake Pichola boat ride is better)
5. Lake Pichola - reach around sunset for a boat ride which takes you around the lake where City Palace, Fateh Prakash Palace, Udai Vilas, Jag Mandir and other hotels are located.
6. Gangaur Ghat
7. Bagore-ki-Haveli (5 mins walk from Gangaur Ghat)
8. Dharohar folk show at Bagore-ki-Haveli (a very good cultural program) - happens daily from 7 to 8 PM and tickets available (90rs entry, 150 rs for photography) from 6 PM at Bagore-ki-Haveli entrance. On day 2, you can continue visiting other places in Udaipur such as Monsoon Palace/Sajjan garh palace, Karni Mata rat temple or shopping at Hathipol Bazaar, Bapu Bazaar, Chetak Circle or Bada Bazaar. If you're up for a day trip from Udaipur, below places are located around 3-4 hrs from Udaipur
1. Kumbalgarh fort
2. Ranakpur Jain Temple
3. Eklinji temple
4. Chittorgarh Fort