SIKKIM-DARJEELING TOUR DETAILS Icons:
• Hotel Accommodation • Drive / Car
• Photography Destination: Gangtok - Tsomgo Lake – Baba Mandir - Darjeeling Trip at a Glance
• The trip will start and end at NJP / Bagdogra Airport.
• The trip can be done by a single individual, couple, family and group of friends. • The entire trip will be done on vehicle and hotel accommodation will be provided Activities and Highlights
• Visit the Tsomgo Lake, which is also a glacial lake at an elevation of 3,753 m (12,313 ft). This lake remains frozen during the winter season. The lake surface reflects colours with change of seasons.
• Visit Baba Mandir on your way to Nathu La. Itinerary: DAY 01: Bagdogra Airport/NJP to Gangtok (124kms/3-4hrs) • Guest pickup will be done fron IBX or NJP.
• You will be driven to Gangtok by car.
• Overnight stay at Gangtok.
DAY 02:-Gangtok full day sightseeing • Start for a Full day city tour covering Ganesh Tok, Hanuman Tok, Bagthang waterfalls, Bon jhakri waterfalls, Cottage Industry, Dro-drul Chorten, Namgyal Institute of Tibetology, Flower show, Ropeway and Handicraft Centre . • Evening is free for market .Overnight stay at Gangtok. DAY 03: Excursion to Tsomgo lake & Baba Mandir (55kms/3hrs) • After breakfast start for an excursion to Changu Lake (12,400 ft.) (12,00 ft.) . This serene lake is situated at an altitude of 12,000 ft on the Gangtok Nathu La highway. The lake is oval in shape, 15 meters deep and is considered sacred by the local people. It is also a home of brahminy ducks. It's cool, placid water harmonizes with the scenic beauty around.
• Evening is free to roam around M G Road (Mall)/local Shopping at Gangtok. Overnight stay at Gangtok.
Optional: Nathu La pass is subject to permit system & Need to pay extra amount on the spot DAY 04:Gangtok to Darjeeling(85kms/3hrs) • After breakfast drive Darjeeling via Jorethang on the way we stop for lunch at Jorethang. • Evening is free to walk at market .Overnight stay at Darjeeling. DAY 05: Darjeeling sightseeing • Early morning tour to Tiger Hills (at around at 4 am) to morning view sunrise over Kanchenjunga Peak (subject to clear weather) on your way back visit Batasia Loop & Ghoom Monastery.
• After Breakfast city tour of Darjeeling visit Padmaja Naidu Himalaya Zoological Park & Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tea Garden, Tenzing R ock, Tibetan Refugee Self – Help Center (Closed on Sunday), Japanese Temple, Peace Pagoda & Ropeway. • Evening free for other activities. Overnight stay at Hotel. DAY 06: Darjeeling – NJP / Bagdogra Airport (68kms/3hrs) • After breakfast you drive back to your final destination Bagdogra airport/New Jalpaiguri Railway station. Please visit http://ghumakkad.in/
Traveling from Bhubaneswar to Darjeeling.options:-
1. Bus to Kolkata- Train to Jalpaiguri - Cab to Darjeeling about Rs.3,000 - 3,800/-
2. Train to Kishanganj - Cab to Darjeeling Rs. 5,000 - 5, 500/-
3. Fly to Kolkata - Train to Kishanganj - Cab to Darjeeling , will cost around Rs.8,000 - 8,800/-
Find from Budget to Premium hotels on Booking.com
Book what suits your budget.
I am also going to darjeeling from odisha in first week of dec this year, if you want a detail itenary do check backpackerfreind.com website there you will get each and every details of darjeeling tour...
Related Questions For You
Earn credits when your answers are upvoted by others.