Hi, the best way to spend a cheap weekend at Kasol is to rent tents from the local vendors and camp them at the upper hills across parvati river. you can pitch in your own home( temporary ofcourse) as per the size required by you. Plus Kasol does not require much of travelling and thus best mode is walking around the town. That being said another important expense that is to be covered is meals. Kasol has some really cool cafes which offer food at throw away prices and even that dosent suits you, there is a langar everyday three times at Manikaran Sahib, which is approximately 5 kms from the main market of Kasol.
1. plan your trip ahead of time and by yourself.
2. Compare and book tickets beforehand ( they are cheaper beforehand) ( also book front row seats.. maximum leg space.. trust me u will need that )
3. check your menu prices at the dhabha where bus will take break.. these ppl have 4 times the rate of Delhi restaurant..
4. stick to packed food on the journey
5. Take the bus from Bunter instead of cab..if you want a cab, then share it with other travellers... cab for single person would be expensive..
6.stay in a hostel or rent a tent
7. it's relatively small place so you can walk to most of the places.
8. enjoy local cuisine and street food.