Who doesn't want to start a homestay in the hills? It makes for a comfortable home away from the chaos, noise and pollution of the cities and brings in an income. But if you don't build a sustainable place, it can be a disastrous recipe for not only you, but also for the local community and the environment at large. This workshop will help you start a homestay and avoid the pitfalls along the way. Here’s what it includes:
How to pick the right location for your homestay
All about costing and leasing
What makes a good host
Drawing up the house rules and guidelines
How to build a sustainable homestay from scratch – Insulating the home – Harvesting rainwater – Growing your own food – Harvesting the sun’s energy – Balancing local aesthetics and modern comfort – Managing waste
Know the legal rules & regulations for a homestay in India
About the host
Sanjay Austa is the founder/ owner of Meena Bagh Homes, two new award-winning eco-homes in Himachal Pradesh. He is also a journalist, permaculture practitioner, and eco-tourism entrepreneur who divides his time between Himachal and Delhi. Sanjay also started a permaculture farm as a value-addition to Meena Bagh Homes. Here he grows fruits and vegetables organically and sustainably for himself and his guests. He lives on the farm with his cats, a dog, duck, chicken and sheep.
What you should carry along
Notebook and pen
How to participate: This is a live event streamed on Zoom. Please download Zoom for free on your desktop or mobile device. After you book, you’ll receive an email with a link and details on how to join.
Participants will not be allowed to enter the workshop after 30 minutes of its commencement.
Terms and Conditions
1. All bookings for Tripoto Experiences are non-refundable.
2. Bookings are non-transferable. Your identity will be cross-checked before attending the workshop.
3. In case an experience is cancelled, the refund will be processed within 45 days.
4. Hosts alone are responsible for the experiences they provide. Tripoto assumes no liability and is only responsible for making the experiences and host's services available through the Tripoto platform.
5. The recording of the workshop will not be shared even in case of non-attendance.
All bookings for Tripoto Experiences are non-refundable.
Enter Your Details and Proceed To Pay
You missed it
Sorry, this workshop is already over, but you can check out other available workshops here