Hosted in Hinglish | 2 Hours
About the workshop
What does it take to open and successfully run a cafe in the mountains? The owners of Jimmy’s Italian Kitchen in Mcleodganj are here to tell you! In the workshop, the people behind one of the most popular cafes in Dharamshala will share their journey, challenges and trade secrets for you to take the plunge and open your own cafe in the hills. What will you learn:
- How the business started in 1983 and where it is today
- How to start?
– Understanding the challenges of opening a cafe in the hills
– Exploring educational qualifications and skills required
– Finding your niche
– Surveying and choosing the right location
– Constructing, renovating, and designing the structure of your cafe
– Understanding the scale of operation
– Building a team
- When and how to enter the market
– Creating a brand identity for your cafe
– Launching in the right season
– Finding a sustainable model for the off-season
– Building a customer base
- How to grow and expand?
– Understanding short-term and long-term finances
– Expanding the same cafe vs opening new branches
– Identifying the need to maintain quality
About the hosts
Meet Jampa and Tsering, the owners of Jimmy’s Italian Kitchen in Mcleodganj. The restaurant has been in the family for decades and the couple has put it on the map for tourists from across the world. The restaurant is a family legacy that is being taken forward by two passionate individuals who have charmed locals and tourists with their hospitality and charm. Jimmy's now has another restaurant and bakery in Mcleodganj.
You can follow Jimmy's Italian Kitchen here.
What you should carry along
Notebook and pen