Did you know that poetry is among the most powerful art forms in the world? Now, whether it is Robert Frost where you find comfort or the words of Rupi Kaur that strike a chord, this workshop will help you nurture your voice as a modern-day poet and offer you insights into the publishing world. Here’s what you will learn:
How to write poetry – Introduction to poetry – Different types of poetry: finding your style – Tips to write evocatively (with prompts and examples) – How to deal with writer’s block – Exercise: attempting your first poem
Revision and feedback
Marketing your poetry – Which platform is right for you – How to increase your reach organically – Where else can you submit poems
Publishing a poetry book – Traditional v. self-publishing route – How to self-publish globally with minimal cost
Question and answers
About the host
A poet by heart, a lawyer by profession. Meet Vinati Bhola. The author of Udaari - a collection of poems that she published worldwide in 2017. At present, she is working on her second book along with pursuing a career as an International Lawyer with the United Nations in Switzerland. Ever since the launch of her maiden collection, Vinati has been actively participating in poetry events, both in India and abroad, and has been featured in various newspapers, magazines, and literary journals.
You can follow Vinati’s stories on Instagram under her handle ‘writingsofvinati’
What you should carry along
A notebook and pen
This is a live event streamed on Zoom. Please download Zoom for free on your desktop or mobile device. After you book, you’ll receive an email with a link and details on how to join. Please note: Participants will not be allowed to enter the workshop after 30 minutes of its commencement.
Terms and Conditions
1. All bookings for Tripoto Experiences are non-refundable.
2. Bookings are non-transferable. Your identity will be cross-checked before attending the workshop.
3. In case an experience is cancelled, the refund will be processed within 45 days.
4. Hosts alone are responsible for the experiences they provide. Tripoto assumes no liability and is only responsible for making the experiences and host's services available through the Tripoto platform.
5. The recording of the workshop will not be shared even in case of non-attendance.
All bookings for Tripoto Experiences are non-refundable.
Enter Your Details and Proceed To Pay
You missed it
Sorry, this workshop is already over, but you can check out other available workshops here