Madhya Pradesh, the heart of India is full of hidden treasures for nature lovers as well as for travelers. It's a place for wanderers who are always in search of some unexplored tourist destination. This time I am going to share the story of some unexplored but really awesome place in Madhya Pradesh - Sankua Dham
Sankua Dham, Seondha is situated at the bank of Sindh River in the district of Datia. Sankua kund is the famous place in seondha because after Diwali fair (mela) is conducted on purnima and people takes bath on this day, and doing ritual practises. Sankua Dham is situated at edge of Sindh River with a lot of religious places.
How to reach:
1. Sankua is about 80 KM from Gwalior on Gwalior - Lahar road in Seondha. Seondha is a town and a nagar panchayat in Datia district.
2. There is also a route from Datia to Seondha.
3. Buses are available from Datia as well as from Gwalior.
4. Prefer your own vehicle. (Bike or Car)
1. One can plan for a one day trip which means 150 - 180 KM for both side from Gwalior as well as Datia.
2. There are only some shops available near Sankua, they serve Tea, Biscuits, Samosa etc. So try to carry food and other related items with you.
3. Petrol pumps are there but its good to have a tank full from starting point.
4. It's a religious place, so keep up the pace.
5. Boats are available to roam the entire area on a nominal rates like 20 Rs each driven by local people's. They are as skilled as a shipman :P
6. The river is to deep so don't dive in it untill you are a perfect in it.
7. There are so many temples situated on the banks, visit them individually by boat, they are superb.
8. One can go for Dandraua Dham, Rawatpura Sarkar Ashram, Ratangarh ki mata as well, these are also good places. But you need 2 or 3 days to cover all these things.
This is the only place having temples of Sanaka, Sanatana, Sanandana and Sanatkumara. They are described as the first mind-born creations and sons of the creator-god Brahma. Born from Brahma's mind, the four Kumaras undertook lifelong vows of celibacy (brahmacharya) against the wishes of their father. They are said to wander throughout the materialistic and spiritualistic universe without any wish but with purpose to teach. All four brothers studied Vedas from their childhood, and always travelled together. The place is on the name of Sanaka - Sankua.
Fir milege kahi kisi roj ghumte firte :)
Frequent Searches Leading To This Page:-
seondha sankua dham, amazing madhya pradesh, major dams in madhya pradesh, a dam in madhya pradesh, dams of madhya pradesh