Best Time to Visit Vietnam
Peak season to visit Vietnam is from February to April and August to October.
Shoulder Season: December to March is when the Vietnamese New Year or Tet Festival is celebrated here, so prices soar. The northern part of the country has cold weather, while in the south, the sun shines bright.
Off-season: September to November, autumn season, and April to June, is a great time to explore the country when prices are low and tourists few.
Budget for Vietnam
For Budget Travellers: INR 700-900 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and guesthouses: INR 460-600
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 250-300
- Public Transport in trams and buses: INR 137-300
- Sightseeing (Entry-tickets & shows): INR 224-357
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1500-2000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and homestays: INR 1289-1460
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 623-760
- Local transport: INR 434-700
- Sightseeing & Tours: INR 614-867
For Luxury Travellers: INR 5000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 3900 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 1430 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 1600 and upwards
- Sightseeing, Guided Tours: INR 1800 and upwards