Solo traveling will be a great idea. which can change your life.. I'd like to suggest, you should try nearest places, then go for long tour.. Small trips help you how to pack your bags and increase your experience how to arrange all those things which will help you to complete your journey.. Enjoy your journey not the destination where you going :)
- Book a hostel at booking.com
- Make a list of places where you wanna go in the city of your destination
- Make a rough idea about budget
-get idea about the local travel system like buses; auto's etc
- Don't Tell everyone you meet that you are new here or traveling alone
- Don't forget important items because you yourself have to take care of your self and lastly don't trust people very easily . Happy and Safe traveling !!!!
First time is always a learning experience. The thrill to explore alone and at the same time you wonder will you make it alone?
Travel light and keep power bank as mobile phones are handy. Always study the place in advance to get a rough idea and if possible try to book a hostel . Hostel is best place for solo travellers.
Best of luck mate.