Hey Mansing, Dharamshala and Mcleodganj are well-known gems of Himachal Pradesh. From there, you can visit the following places that will add unimaginable value to your North India trip:
>Triund: An amazing trek that leads up to a beautiful camping spot.
> Palampur: A scenic town covered with tea gardens.
> Bir: The best place in India for paragliding.
> Khajjar: A picturesque place also known as the Switzerland of India. If you want ideas to plan your itinerary for Dharamshala, take inspiration from other travellers' guides: https://www.tripoto.com/travel-guide/dharamshala/trips Hope this was helpful!
That's a wonderful time to visit Dharamshala. Since you're going all the way, you must visit Mcleodganj (6km from Dharashala) which is the seat of His Holiness the Dalai Lama. In fact, I'd suggest that you stay here for at least one night. Places of interest in Dharamshala are Norbulingka Institute, Gyuto Monastery, Kangra Fort and Australian Valley. Also visit Naddi, which offers beautiful views of the Dhauladhar Ranges. If you want to go for a trek, go to Triund or the 3-day Kareri Lake Trek. If you want more information, you can read my article which is a 48 hour guide to Dharamshala: https://www.tripoto.com/trip/i-spent-48-hours-in-dharamshala-and-fell-in-love-with-it-here-s-my-story-5b3631c6675b4 Have a happy trip :)
Places to visit in and around Dharamshala:
1. Norbulinka Institute (Must Visit)
2. Gyuto Monastery (Must Visit)
3. Bhagsu Waterfall - Consider walking to this place (Do check the distance from the place you stay)
4. Palampur - Tea Garden
5. Bir - Asia's highest paragliding spot (Approx INR 2.5k)
6. Dharamshala Cricket Stadium Cafes:
1. Illiterati Books & Cafe (Quite famous for book lovers + has the best view)
2. Clay Oven cafe (Awesome food) - Location : Mcleodganj square *They have recently shut down overnight camps at Triund. Do proper research before you head there. It'll be tiring to complete the trek in a day unless you're a professional/semi-professional!* Hope this helps! 😃 Safe Travels!
Related Questions For You
Earn credits when your answers are upvoted by others.