The yatra to Mata Vaishno Devi shrine is one of the holiest and the most effortful pilgrimages for Hindus all over the world. Situated at an altitude of 35,000 feet and 14 kilometres from Katra, Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine is not an easy one as the hills are steep and requires a lot of stamina and fitness. Instilled with a belief that Mata Vaishno Devi grants wishes to those who seek her blessings, from newlyweds to old couples, everyone undertakes this yatra.
Have a look on the Do's and Don'ts of this Yatra.
1. Approach the registration counter to obtain the Yatra slip upon reaching Katra and especially while you are at trekking to enter into the temple.
2. If you forget obtaining Yatra slip then it is impossible to cross beyond the Ban Ganga check post.
3. Obtain Vaishno Devi Yatra Information room reservation details prior to starting Vaishno Devi Yatra by different means for which enquiry and reservation counters at Katra, Bhawan and other locations from Sanjhichhat and Adkuwari facilitate such services.
4. Do confirm rates of Palanquins, Ponies and Porters in advance which is crucial for hassle free pilgrimage. The Vaishno Devi Yatra Rule strictly followed is that they shouldn’t be paid extra than genuine rates as applicable.
5. Note the valuable Vaishno Devi Yatra information that facilities for drinking water, blanket and food are supplied free of cost hence it is better to leave the unnecessary items at Katra itself.
6. Obtain Yatra slip to get into queue once reaches Bhawan from the check post.
7. Wait for the announcement of your group number to start the Darshan process.
8. Wash yourself fully especially by cleaning your cloths prior to starting Darshan.
9. Go to the main waiting hall to deposit coconut for which taking token is a must.
10.Keep rest items in the cloakroom except cash and offerings.
11.Ensure visiting Bhairon temple at the last stage as Darshans at the Holy Cave is prime.
1. Don’t keep any electronic item including mobile camera, video camera and other such items in the track that are not allowed.
2. Avoid inappropriate dressing. It is an important rule for Vaishno Devi Yatra and must be maintained strictly top maintain the holiness of this journey.
3. Do understand the sentiments of co-pilgrims while in the Vaishno Devi Yatra and so should you maintain thorough cooperation for best possible security.
4. Avoid resting in the land slide prone areas while moving ahead till the temple premises.
5. Reduce the use of plastic and make use of dustbins so should you maintain cleanliness.
6. It is necessary to avoid valuables in trek, so is important keeping aloof from strangers. Do note that maintaining clean environment or strict no use of tobacco and suppressing begging are best and highly appreciable.
7. The pilgrims preferring pony journey must take the old route. The new route doesn’t permit pony hence pilgrims with medical problems should rather avoid the new route.
8. Chanting or spelling slogans inside the cave is strictly prohibited.
9. Offering dakshina or tip to anybody especially temple employees is highly discouraged.
Frequent searches leading to this page:-
things to carry while travelling to vaishno devi, packing list for vaishno devi, what to pack for vaishno devi trip, mata vaishno devi darbar, vaishno devi, when was vaishno devi discovered