Some of the interesting facts about Pena Palace and why you should not miss out on Pena Palace
1. The Pena Palace was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2005.
2. One of the most visited castles in Portugal.
3. Pena Palace is one of the seven wonders of Portugal.
4. You can catch the view of the Pena Palace from Lisbon on a clear day.
What mistakes to avoid while visiting Sintra?
1. Take a bus pass for the entire day and will allow you to travel to all the places in Sintra.
2. Don't go by tuk-tuk and cabs as you will spend a lot of money.
3. Carry a pair of sunglasses and a cap.
4. Start early in the morning.
5. Book the tickets for the Palace in advance. This will save you a lot of time. Kindly find the attached link for booking the tickets of Pena Palace.
You can also book tickets for the other places (Park and Palace of Monserrate, Moorish Castle, National Palace of Sintra, National Palace and Gardens of Queluz, Escola Portuguesa de Arte Equestre) to visit in Sintra from the abovementioned website.
6. Try to book accommodation in Sintra and explore all the places properly. Otherwise, you will miss out on a lot of great palaces with great architecture and amazing views.
How to reach the Pena Palace ?
Pena Palace is easily accessible by rail or road. You can easily reach to Sintra via Rossio. Rossio is a train station located in the centre of lisbon. A direct train is available from Rossio to Sintra.
Hop-on-off-bus Travel Pass - 15 euro (This pass will allow you to visit more than one place in Sintra)
Ticket for Pena Palace - 14 euro
Total- 29 euro (Excluding the food and transportation)
Thanks for all the patience and reading my entire blog till the end. I hope you had a good time reading it and I would love to help anyone of you who would want to travel to Sintra, Portugal. This is my first travel blog and I am really excited to receive your comments. You can also ask any questions regarding the trip to Lisbon and Sintra in the comments section.
Vidhika (Scientist by Profession and Traveller by Heart)
Follow me on Instagram for more stories and travel @vidhikapunjani