Best Time to Visit South Goa
Peak Season is from mid-November to mid-February when the weather is cool and comfortable.
Shoulder Season: Mid-June to October is when Goa is at its most beautiful. The rains come down on the state during these months and while the countryside becomes a lush green, the clubs start brimming with people and raging parties.
Off-season: This is the time between March to May, when the temperatures soar and the prices of hotels and homestays drop. This is the time to visit Goa if you are looking for some quiet days, away from the touristy crowds.
Budget for South Goa
For Budget Travellers: INR 750 - 1400 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and guesthouses: INR 300 - 600
- Food in beach shacks and street eateries: INR 200 - 400
- Public transport in buses and autorickshaws: INR 8 - 40
- Rentals for bikes: INR 200 - 400
- Sightseeing (museums etc): INR 10 - 50
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 3500 to INR 6000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and resorts: INR 1000 - 2000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 500 - 1000
- Local transport in local taxis or car rentals: INR 400 - 600
- Guided treks: INR 800 - 1000
- Snorkeling and diving packages: INR 1500 and upwards
For Luxury Travellers: INR 8000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 5000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 1000 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 400 and upwards
- Sailing, kayaking etc: INR 2000 and upwards
- Hot-air balloon rides: INR 8500 per person