When it comes to travelling options we all have different ideas in our heads. Some of us like going to the hill stations, many of us like to go to the beaches, others like going to spiritual places to get a peaceful and positive vibe inside. Only a few like to go visit the wildlife and have a near experience. The rest are happy with the national geographic channel alone.
It is no hidden fact that man evolved from the wildlife himself. Years ago, we all were a part of the big family in the jungle until evolution started and then men moved out and now we live in concrete jungles. Men have completely lost their touch to the wildlife. Many parents even today promote the idea of going for camps or going on fishing and trekking and other such activities that brig s them a little closer to nature and wildlife.
These days, the people who are the closest to the wildlife are only the wildlife photographers. These photographers go into the depths of the deadliest jungles, the coldest regions, the places with heaviest rainfalls just to get the perfect shot for you. Their quest for wildlife beauty is unmatchable. I know what one might be thinking. Yes, this is very dangerous and yes it is not made for everyone else. But still there is a way you could be a lot closer to these wild animals and their habitats.
The answer to this problem is wildlife safari. Yes, wildlife safaris are very safe and also you get to be a part of the expedition to observe these wild animals in their natural habitat. The African safaris are very famous and hence if you are an enthusiast then you must go for it.
But just, in case, you are one amongst us who cannot afford an African safari, then you would be pleased to know that India too has a few wildlife safaris that are very famous. In fact, why don’t you first visit these and keep the African safari at rest for now. Here is a list of top 6 wildlife safaris that our country offers to you. They have all been great tourist attractions and I hope you too will enjoy them.
1. Rajasthan brings to you the Ranthambore National Park- The golden triangle tour with Ranthambore is the most famous wildlife safaris that our country offers. It spans across 1,334 sq km. It is a home to the tigers and hence all the wildlife photographers do love this place. Other than the tigers, you might be able to see wild boars, sloth bearssambar to begin with. The best visiting time for this national park would be in between October-June, March and May.
2. Uttarakhand brings to you the Jim Corbett National Park- I am sure as a kind we all have located the Jim Corbett National Park on the Indian map. Now is the time when you actually pay a visit to the place and see for yourself the reason as to why is the place so hyped. The most popular animals to be seen in her would be the wild cats i.e. the tigers, Serow, Goral, Himalayan Tarh to name a few. The best time to visit the place would be mid November-June end, March and May.
3. Gujaratbrings to you Sasan- Gir National Park-Gujarat takes immense pride in the Sasan-GirWildlife Sanctuary. It is located near the Talala area and is best to be explored in a jeep safari. Some of the animals that are very commonly sighted in here are the Asiatic lions, leopards, jackals and striped hyenas. The most appropriate time to visit this wildlife sanctuary would be December-April. The park remains closed during the monsoon season. So, if you wish to visit this pace make sure you have found all that you need to know.
4. From Assam the Kaziranga National Park- This national park is spread over 429.69 sq kilometres. This place is known to be the home of the one horned rhinoceros. Imagine the ride Assam takes in this achievement and we are proud to have it in our country. The National Park is also a habitat for panthers, bears, elephants and a number of other species of birds. The appropriate visiting time would be from November-April.
5. Kerala brings you the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary- This gem is hidden in the south and is one of the only ones in the southern India. Hence Kerala takes immense please in accommodating the Periyar wildlife sanctuary. This wildlife sanctuary is spread across 192,000 acre and is located in the mid of the western ghats of Kerala offering greenery for its inhabitants. Apart from bird watching, one can enjoy a number of tigers, and elephants. You could also use a boat ride to get a closer look. The most appropriate visiting time would be from September-December although the sanctuary is open all year long.
6. From West Bengal, the Sunder ban National Park- The Sunder bans offer you a very beautiful sight of swimming tigers, something that is very rare and you may not find anywhere else. This park is spread for about 4624 sq km and accommodates a number of reptiles such as the salt water crocodiles and a large variety of birds. The Bengal tiger is the pride of the Sunder bans. But apart from this, the leopard cats, Macauqes, fishing cats, the Indian mongoose and the wild boar can also be widely spotted in here. The most appropriate visiting time for the Sunder bans would be from October-April.
So, this was a list of the top 6 wildlife sanctuaries that our country proudly presents to all the tourists and wildlife enthusiasts out there. I sincerely hope you will visit each and every one of them and like them a lot. But yes, do make sure to find out all the necessary information like the rates and tour packages and get ready for some of the most exciting trips of your life.