Mumbai is a beautiful and a fast city to visit. if this is your first time visiting this place then this response will be really helpfull . i will start with the places that are must visit -
1.marine line - a perfect place to just chill and eat rustoms sandwich this summer. 2. victoria terminal- its a perfect touristy place and you can get an instagram worthy pics .
3. gateway of india - coming to mumbai and not seeing this place is a sin.
4. haji ali - this is one of my favoritye place for you get the best tandoori chicken outside it.
5. juhu beach or versova beach - both are quiet nearby and can checkout anyone you want .
6.girgaon chaupaty (if you do not want to go till juhu then this is a good option)
7. Kanheri Caves- if only you are interested in a cycle ride this place is good but in this super hot weather i wont suggest . now for the best part FOOD - if you like street food then you must try -
1, canon pavbhaji-this is just outside chatrapati shivaji terminal .
2. wada pav - there are many places where you can try them but the famous ate the one opp CST (i do not remember the name) and Kirti College Vada Pav or Ashok Vada Pav Stall.
3.mohammad ali road - if you are someone who loves kababs and firni and masala milk then this is your place to go .
4.Bademiya, Colaba- this place serves very yummy biryani rolls etc but it has changed a lot from before and have reduced the quantity and have increased their price.
5. girgaon chaupaty- if you like some good chocolate gola its a must here , then you can eat shettys pav bhaji , pani puri with a beach view now if you like restraunts these are my must haves -
1. joeys pizza - must must try their butte chicken pizza 2.jimis burger - try their herbed chicken cheese burger or if you can handle more then must try their jawbreaker its a must.
3.Noor Mohammadi Hote-its one of the oldest restraunt and they serve cheap and best mughlai food.
4.kyani and co - this is one of my favorite place for keema pav and irani chai and bun maska .
5. Haji Ali Juice Center- do try their juices and faluda. now for shopping - 1. hill road -Here you will find the latest trends at reasonable prices(this is better then linking road )
2. linking road -This Bandra shopping spot is one the best places you can visit for a large variety of fashion items.
3. colaba causeway-This bustling area is filled with colour. Colaba Causeway can get pretty packed from the afternoon onward, so try to head there early. do bargain a lot
The gateway of India, you can shop your way on the streets of colaba. They have some amazing stuff
Bandra Hill Road is also good for shopping. there are a number of restaurant you could go to there. I really like Candies
Visit sky zone and palladium for shopping of branded stuff. try elementria in lower parel
and then offcourse comes the soul of mumbai, marine drive..
Hi Shruthi, You did not mention the duration of the stay.
If you are spiritual, I would suggest that the best places to visit would be:
1. Siddhivinayak Mandir
2. Haji Ali Dargha
The other must go places are:
3. Marine Drive
4. Gateway of India
5. Colaba Causeway
6. Juhu Beach
7. Elephanta Caves
8. Prince of Wales Museum U should definitely go to Essel World in case you are adventurous. There are few beaches including Versova , Marve , Aksa, Kalamb where you can go.
Local market from where you can shop includes:
Hill Road and Linking Road: The 'sastra' is bargaining. You can shop a lot if you are really good at bargaining.
If you are interested in street shopping, do not forget to visit the below mentioned places:
1. Colaba Causeway Market: handbags, shoes, watches, sunglasses, dresses, clothes
2. Fashion Street: denims, trousers, sexy footwear, tops or dresses, 3. Crawford: home decor, clothes, accessories, shoes, lingerie, novelty items, etc
4. Chor Bazar: In case you are willing to buy typewriters, brass statues (of all sizes), artifacts (sometimes, stolen), reeled cameras, tape recorders. They have all kinds of antique stores.
5.Hindmata Market: Indian dresses especially materials, dresses, and sarees.
6. Zaveri bazar: imitation jewellery Best place to eat:
We cannot define what place is called best place for eating. When in Mumbai, please try the street foods ,you will definitely love the vada pav and chai combination. You can watch few videos of Curly Tales for best food experiences. Please also refer the link below for food: https://www.holidify.com/pages/mumbai-street-food-1633.html I hope this is useful. Have a great stay in Mumbai.
Hey Shruthi, You can check out the below suggestions based on your interests and your place of stay. Places to visit in Mumbai - Gateway of India, Taj Mahal Palace, Marine Drive, Worli Seaface, Bandra Worli Sea link, Bandra Fort, Juhu Beach, Siddhivinayak Temple, Haji Ali Dargah and the list goes on. Malls to do Shopping - Palladium Mall (High Street Phoenix) Lower Parel, Phoenix Marketcity Kurla, R-city mall Ghatkopar, Infinity mall Malad, Oberoi Mall Goregaon, Seawoods Grand Central, Viviana Mall Thane. Street side shopping - Colaba Causeway Market, Bandra Linking Road, Bandra Hill Road. Choices for places to eat is something that depends on the cuisine you prefer. You can visit Juhu Chowpaty for street food, places like Intercontinental for Food with Sea View, you can also visit pubs / bars spread across the city for Mumbai night life. The best Pubs / Bars can be found in Lower Parel / Worli area. If you plan to step outside Mumbai then places like Lonavala / Khandala, Alibaug / Kashid, Matheran, Bandardhara / Igatpuri, Nashik (Sula wine yards) can also be visited which are not much far away. Hope this helps you to cover the places of your interest which gives the best picture of Mumbai. Cheers!
There are several khau gallis in Mumbai where you can explore the street food of Mumbai.
Khau galli at Ghatkopar, Mulund, Colaba, Mira road, Vile parle, Dadar are famous. You can visit Girgaon chowpaty for best chats of Mumbai.
for shopping colaba cause way, linking road, mall road, fashion street.
Kheema Pav at Gulshan-e-Iran, Crawford Market
White Biryani at Noor Mohmaddi, Bhendi Bazaar
Bun Maska and Mava Samosa of Mervan’s, Grant Road
Samosa with Chola at Guru Kripa, Sion
Tandoori Delicacies at Jai Jawan
Vodka Panipuri, Pratap Da Dhaba
The Ultimate Chinese Thali at Sahibaan, Worli
Strawberry and Cream (Seasonal) at Bachellor’s, Charni Road
Butter Chicken and Tandoori Specialities at Cafe Noorani, Tardeo AC market
Malai Kulfi/Milan Kulfi at Kapoor Kulfi, Marine lines station
Pav Bhaji and Masala Pav at Sardar, AC Market Tardeo
Thalis at Nanumal Bhojraj
Related Questions For You
Earn credits when your answers are upvoted by others.