It is layered with greenery of Tea plantations and humongous mountains, Munnar is definitely God’s own Country, for nothing else can be more peaceful and more beautiful than this town situated in the Western Ghats. Munnar is famous not only among Indians but a lot of foreigners also visits. Munnar is also popular as a Honeymoon Destination.
How to reach Munnar??
By Air: The closest Airport is Cochin International Airport (120 KM).
By Train: Nearest Railway station is Ernakulam Junction (120 KM).
By Road: Munnar is well connected through NH 49 and it is very easy to reach here through Bus or Car.
TOP THINGS TO DO IN MUNNAR
1. Tata Tea Museum: It is located at the Nallathanni estate. The Museum, where you will find the traces of growth and evolution of tea plantations in Munnar right from the tea sapling to an automated tea factory where it is processes.
2. Cheeyapara Waterfalls: It is on the way to Munnar after Neriamangalam and flows down the road near the second step from bottom. It is enclosed by dense natural jungles.
3. Pothamedu View Point: The beauty of Munnar is only visible from Pothamedu View Point. The drive takes you over an old bridge and narrow roads and the view during the drive is very scenic. Wherever your eyes will go you will find a greenery.
4. Attukad Waterfall: It is a must go tourist spot in Munnar where you can view a waterfall between hills and jungles. The waterfall is at a nice location between Munnar and Pallivasal and the road to reach waterfall is very beautiful.
5. Kundala Lake: Kundala is Asia’s first arch Dam and Neela Kurunji flowers which bloom once in twelve years, blooms in the hills and valleys around Kundala lake. Boating facilities is available name as Pedal boats, Kashmiri Shikkara boats, Row boats and Speed boating is also available here.
6. Mattupetty Dam: The Mattupetty Dam and lake are celebrated tourist spots with an excellent view of the lake and tea plantations spread out to a wider area.
7. Anamudi Peak: It is the highest peak in the western ghats and South India and is situated 2695 meters above the sea level and is one of the most enchanting sights in Munnar. The place is ideal for trekking and offer many activities. As of now trekking is banned as per court orders.
8. Eravikulam National Park: It is located in Munnar to protect the Nilgiri Tahr. The place is the natural habitat of the rare mountain goat which is facing extinction. The park is breathtakingly beautiful and best mountain ranges in the country. There is no online ticketing.
9. Top Station: It is a view point at the highest altitude in Munnar and is located at a distance of almost 40KM from Munnar. All this view from view point is visible only when it’s a sunny day.