A travellers' list is a complicated place. It includes places that are world heritage sites and then it has places no one has ever heard of, it has places that every travel guide book talks about and then it has places barely visible on Google Maps. To add to the marvels of every travellers must visit list, I present a list of 10 Most Beautiful Places in The World, that are in in India and are a must visit.
10 Most Beautiful Places In The World That Are In India
1. Yumthang Valley (Sikkim) Popularly known as the ‘Valley of Flowers’, the Yumthang Valley is a wide expanse of land surrounded by the Himalayan Mountains in North Sikkim at a height of 3,564 metres above sea level. The whole ambiance of the valley is completed by clear rivers and beautiful lakes giving it the whole Kashmir effect. One of the most beautiful places in the world, traversing the valley is a refreshing experience. Credits: www.panoramoi.com
2. Tea garden hill of Munnar (Kerala) Kerala is home to some of the most beautiful places in the world to visit. It isn’t just known for its backwaters and beaches, it is also known for Munnar, a town that's situated in the south-western region of Kerala. It's practically covered fully with Tea plantations, some as high as 7000 feet above sea level. This beautiful southern city is a playful combination of glorious mountains and lush green flatlands, making it the Assam of South India. Credits: www.wallpaperswide.com
3. Stok Range (Ladakh) The mountain range that runs across north India, Stok Range provides a beautiful contrast of Brown Pointy Mountain ranges and ethereal white ice cap Himalayas. This places is perfect for hiking and climbing as well as camping overnight.Credits: www.50px.com
4. Nohkalikai Falls (Meghalaya) Located near one of the wettest places and most beautiful places in the world to visit, Nohkalikai Falls is one of the tallest plunge waterfalls in India. Apart from being majestically beautiful, the falls have a mystical legend attached to it name which translates into Khasi language as "Jump of Ka Likai". The name follows the legend about a local woman, Likai, who after a family tragedy became insane and jumped off the cliff next to the falls. Besides being one of the most beautiful places in the world, the folklores make it an interesting destination too. Credits: www.michaelcorbly.worldpress.com
5. Nanda Devi (Uttarakhand) Nanda Devi is the second highest mountain in India. While the peak is ice capped and difficult to reach, the surrounding Nanda Devi National Park is a must visit at least once in a lifetime as it is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the world. Credits: www.himalayancottage.com
6. Lonar Sarovar (Maharashtra) One of the most beautiful places in the world and an exotic destination in India, thanks to its formations due to a meteor impact. The Lonar Lake is a saline soda lake located at Lonar in Buldana district, Maharashtra. The lake area is not only an important research site but it is also grazed with mesmerising sights. Credits: www.happyfeet.us
7. Leh (Ladakh) Leh is one of the most beautiful places in the world that needs no introduction. Still if you haven’t heard of Leh you need to visit it now. Situated in the lap of the Himalayas, this exotic location is paradise for hikers and adventure travellers. Apart from amazing mountain ranges, Leh puts a display a cultural feast and a wildlife carnival. Credits: www.tigristrail.com
8. Key Monastery (Himachal Pradesh) Key Gompa is a Tibetan Buddhist Monastery located at an altitude of 13, 668 feet above sea level close to the Spiti river in Himachal Pradesh. One of the most beautiful places in the world to visit, it looks like something out of a Hollywood movie set. Built somewhat in a step formation, the surrounding area of the monastery is as beautiful as the monastery itself. And who wouldn’t love a spiritual awakening mixed with breath-taking views. (I am so jealous of the Monks) Credits: www.commons.wikimedia.org
9. Hoggenakal Falls (Tamil Nadu) Referred to as the "Niagara Falls" of India, The Hoggenakal Falls is among the amazing places in India, providing a postcard-like view. The gorgeous landscape here is no less than that of the most beautiful places in the world. Credits: www.commons.wikimedia.org
10. Drang Drung Glacier (Jammu and Kashmir) A pathway made from ice. This will be your first thought, when you will see this beautiful glacier present on the remotest areas of the country. The visit to Kargil is totally worth it when you see this exotic place. Surrounded by mountains, although it is one of the most beautiful places in the world to visit, this stark landscape give more peace to the mind than it gives to the eye. Credits: in.boell.org
A lot of people make a dent in their wallets in search of the most beautiful places in the world. However, India is actually home to some of the most beautiful places in the world to visit. There is so much to see in this diverse country. You don’t need to go far or spend much to enjoy the most beautiful places in the world.
I hope you enjoyed my personal version of the most beautiful places in the world, that are in India. If I have missed something that deserves to be in this list of the most beautiful places in the world or if you have been to an exotic place in India feel free to include it in the comments below. Happy Journey!
Frequent searches leading to this page:-
most beautiful places in India to live, most beautiful places in India for honeymoon, most beautiful places in India natural, most beautiful places in India to visit in summer, most beautiful places in India to visit, most beautiful places in the India, most beautiful places in the India to visit