Best Time to Visit Australia
Peak Season: December through March is the ideal time to visit Australia as the conditions are perfect for sightseeing.
Shoulder Season: You won't find a lot of rush in public places during September through November, as the tourists are less in number during this period.
Low Season: June through August, is the rainy season in Australia. Less number of people travel during this period of time.
Budget for Australia
For Budget Travellers: INR 3000 - 4500 a day
- Accommodation in hostels: INR 800-1200
- Food in shacks and street eateries: INR 700-1000
- Public Transport and buses: INR 100 - 200
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 5000 to 9000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels, villas and homestays: INR 1500 - 4000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 2000- 4000
- Local transport in rapid transit and local taxis: INR 500 -700
For Luxury Travellers: INR 9000 and upwards a day
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 6000 and upwards (INR 9000 and upwards in the peak season)
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 4000 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 500 and upwards
Visa Information for Australia
Nationals of all countries except that of New Zealand need a visa to enter Australia. If you are an Indian citizen, you can get an Australian visa for a period of 90 days that will cost you INR 11,500. The entire process can be completed within 20 working days. European passport holders can also apply for a free eVisitor visa which allows them to stay in Australia for a period of three months within a 12-month period. Please visit this site for more information related to the Australian visa. https://www.border.gov.au/