If beach is all in your mind, Queensland is the place you need to travel in Australia. Located in the south-eastern corner of the island, the state has some of the most beautiful places apart from the glittering coastlines. National Parks of this island are something that cannot be missed; the rich bio-diversity and conservation of greenery can further make your trip unforgettable. There is so much to see here that it is difficult to narrow down the list to only 5. Each of the location has its own speciality and charm that can leave completely different appeal on a traveller.
However, here are names of the most attractive places in Queensland that must be visited.
1. Let’s begin with the theme parks. There are quite a large number of water based theme parks in Gold Coast, which have loads of interesting activities waiting for the whole family to enjoy. You can also come here with your friends and watch the dolphin show. Apart from that you can even check out Sea World, Movie World, Wet n’ Wild, WhiteWater World or Dreamworld and give yourself a grand feel of the vacation.
2. If you are planning to experience the wildlife of Australia, Queensland has a number of attractions. Make your way to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, which is a zoological garden and has even been recognised as heritage. You can enjoy watching wild Rainbow Lorikeets and spend time catching up various events and shows. If your children are ready for some adventures, try out the rope courses. The bird sanctuary has even made Currumbin popular, drawing travellers from various places.
3. Since you are in a land which is renowned for beaches, you cannot just keep yourself away from the beauty of sea. Gold Coast is a coastal city bustling with excitement and beaches as well as theme parks. Stay at the sea facing resort and enjoy delicious meals at restaurant in Broadbeach. You can go for surfing, diving and engage in many other aquatic activities.
4. Springbrook National Park is another destination located in the Gold Coast Hinterland. The park has lots of interesting places waiting for you to explore like the Springbrook Plateau, Mt Cougal and Natural Bridge. Moreover, the park is based over the remnant of a volcano and the endangered flora and fauna make the place more mesmerizing. The gorgeous falls, spectacular views and cave formation make Springbrook National Park a ‘must see’.
5. If you want to have the feel of a modern city then visit the capital of Queensland, Brisbane. The energetic town, happening nightlife, coffee bars and restaurants have made the place exciting. There are parks, historic buildings and of course, the meandering Brisbane River adds masterstroke to the beauty of the city. You can visit modern galleries, koala sanctuary and experience other corners of the capital.
So, before you land on this part of the island make sure you are pre-planned because there is so much to do and last minute preparation may leave you in a confused state. Spend every moment of your vacation with friends and family, exploring and plunging into the secrets of Queensland.