Flights (return): Rs. 35,000.
Hotel ( 4 days and 3 nights) : Rs. 5,000
Zanzibar, an archipelago off the coast of Tanzania. It is a mixing pot of culture with African influence, Omani history and lies in the Indian ocean. You'll definitely enjoy the clear blue, turquoise waters of Zanzibar.
Top 3 reasons why Indians should visit Zanzibar:
1. 3 months visa on arrival
2. Cheap destination when it comes to flight & hotel reservation.
3. Untouched, unexplored beautiful white beaches
Zanzibar is called the land of spices and without a doubt it's true. The reason we loved Zanzibar was for their wide range of sea food options. It is extremely cheap for the quantity and quality. Fresh seafood with African spices.
A few things to keep in mind before going to Zanzibar:
1) We paid $60 at Zanzibar airport for visa which is valid for 3 months.
2) You will require a yellow fever vaccination certificate as they will check it at immigration.
3) You need to convert your Indian driving licence to international licence if you are planning to rent a car. In our opinion, it is the best way to explore this island. You will require a Zanzibar driver permit which you can issue for $10. A rent a car company will help you with it.
4) Zanzibar water is very saline. It is difficult to even brush teeth in tap water. So you'll need to buy bottled water for drinking and brushing teeth.
5) If you want to experience true zanzibarian culture, stay in a mid-range hotel away from the main town.