4 easy tips in traveling on a budget:
1. Book early
Waiting game: Wait for a seat sale. Seat sales are usually released via social networking sites. You have to be very patient in booking. Seat sale usually starts at midnight (12 midnight) onwards. There are limited seats only and limited destinations as well. Airline tickets are usually cheaper if you will book your ticket in advance (6 months and above before your planned trip).
• Follow all airlines social networking accounts and download their mobile apps.
• Use incognito window when booking via web or clear the cache before booking (for a cheaper rate)
2. Research about your destination
Researching via blogs or sending out inquiries through the different travel agencies are also very helpful. Please note that you have to research ahead of time for a hassle-free experience.
• Plan ahead of time. Choose your destination and the activities you want.
• You can create your own itinerary (DIY trip is the best!)
• Be very creative and always have back up plans.
How to create an itinerary? Coming soon….. :)
3. Pack light
This is a challenge to all newbie travelers. The key is to choose the appropriate clothes and gadgets you need to bring. Trust me, you don’t need to bring everything. Choose wisely!
• Bring light clothes (depending on the weather).
• Roll rather than fold. Roll clothes to save space.
• You can also use ziplocks to eliminate excess air and you can pack per day. ( I am a very organized person. I personally do this lol)
• Pack depending on the number of days that you will travel. You just have to mix and match for your OOTDs. Well, you can also wash your clothes. :)
• Bring your essentials: toiletries (most of the hotels offers free toiletries, but bring your own just to make sure)
4. Be Friendly!
You can have a lot of friends while traveling. Well, they can offer you free drinks! Haha The most important thing is you gain friends and you can share your travel adventures with them.
• Join different travel groups via social media.
• Leave your introvert side and unleash the Kraken in you (I meant extrovert in you)
Bonus: Please see below for #SwipeRightToTravel itinerary of my Balabac, Palawan, Philippines trip.