When was the last time I was in Goa? About 10 years ago with parents. And this time I decided to give another go at Goa with my best friend to celebrate her birthday.
Fortunately just before the lockdown. I should say, I was very luck. I had the best trip with my best-friend and every moment was just worth it. Fantastic weather and beautiful sights had done the magic.
On the day we landed at Goa, we checked in at Sterling Goa Bardez. Located in a secluded town away from the main city Panjim, and in located in proximity to the popular - Calangute, Sinquerim and Baga in North Goa. This resort is a perfect relaxation spot one can spend freely with family in a Spanish styled theme Villa.
Staying at Sterling Goa Bardez had made our tour more memorable because - The staffs were courteous and there was adequate security. However, there were few drawbacks - the food as per my taste and tour cabs rate were expensive. Luckily there was a mall nearby where we shopped for food otherwise, Zomato and Swiggy are always there as an alternate options.
On this day, we just stayed at the resort, enjoyed the pool and fixed our itinerary for the coming days, including fixing a tour transport as we both did not know how to drive.
We ventured early in the morning to enjoy the ocean view and sight dolphins as the Coco Beach (also called Candolim Beach). We were met with a good luck to spot a pod of dolphins!
1. Make sure you are at the beaches around the low-tide to enjoy the water rides and dolphin sighting!
2. Do go for an ocean tour to enjoy dolphin sighting, see Fort Aguada and Aguada Central Jail from the boat along with the most famous villa of Goa - Palacio Aguada (Jimmy Gazdar's Palace) - that is buit over a hill!
A good chunk of the time was spent on the ocean followed by the tour on the Fort Aguada, Sinquerim Beach and sunsets at the Vagator and Anjuna Beach!
Tip: Best day to visit Anjuna Beach is on Wednesday so that you can enjoy the flea market!
We decided to spend the day at the Old Goa. Have the day spend around the church Basilica of Bom Jesus and at the Archaeological Survey of India that stands right opposite to the church.
On the last day of the tour, before departing a day before, we decided to venture to the South Goa for a whiskey tour at the Paul John Distillery!
1. At the venue, you have the option to choose among - just tour package, tour with whiskey tasting (regular collection), tour with whiskey tasting (premium collection).
2. At this venue, you are sure to get the chance to taste the premium and the exported collection that is available only in Goa since the alcohol percentage is more than 40%.
3. As of now, the distillery does not have the license to sell liquor from the venue. However, you can get these brands from most of the liquor shops in Goa.
All in all, it was a beautiful trip especially for the best friends as this was our first solo trip together! We have been dreaming of this day since we were in class 10 and after a decade, we have made this day come true!
As I said earlier, the beginning of 2020 was a fortunate for us!