Few pointers to keep in mind before I start:
1. Book your flights to and fro Leh well in advance. It gets quite costly, can be more than INR 10,000 from Leh to Delhi
2. Take your raincoats with you, weather can be very harsh.
3. Keep warmers; both upper and lower. Carry gloves that can protect you from cold as well as rain (we didn’t have ????)
4. Ask for bikes with carriage, petrol pumps are quite far away, carry extra petrol.
5. Do check weather before embarking on to Nubra valley and/ or Pangong
6. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the trip. Oxygen levels keep changing and you will realize only when you get totally exhausted. So keep drinking water.
7. Don't sleep, whether on bike or in car, you might miss some beautiful shaded mountains or your childhood scenery. ????
Day 1: 23rd June, 2018, Landed in Srinagar @ 2:30 PM
Weather: Clear Sunny
Mode of Transport: - Flight, Taxi
I came from Bangalore, had the flight with a stopover at Amritsar. Other 3 joined me on the same flight and we all landed together in Srinagar at 14:30 hours