Best Time to Visit France
Peak season: July and August are the months when the streets are crowded. December is another month when the streets are lively because of the Christmas season. Advance booking is recommended as the prices are high during this period.
Shoulder season: April to June and September is the period when there are fewer tourists compared to the peak season. The weather starts getting warmer and the prices tend to fall.
Off-season: November to February is the winter season when the tourists are less except the Christmas season.
Budget for France
For Budget Travellers: INR 3000 - 4000 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and basic rooms in guesthouses: INR 1350-2000
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 700-1000
- Public Transport in metro and buses: INR 130 - 550
- Sightseeing: INR 300 - 500
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 5000 to INR 6000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and homestays: INR 2500 - 3500
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 1500 - 2500
- Local transport in subway train and taxis: INR 250 - 500
- Sightseeing & Tours: INR 600 - 1000
For Luxury Travellers: INR 7000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 5000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 3000 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 600 and upwards
Visa Information for France
Visa is mostly not required for a visit of up to 90 days or at all for EU nationals, with France being a member of the Schenegen Agreement. Indians and some other nationalities need a Schengen visa. There are no border controls for the countries that are a part of the treaty, such as the European Union (except Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania, United Kingdom), Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.
Citizens of Australia, the USA, Canada, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and many Latin American countries do not need visas to visit France as tourists for up to 90 days. Als tourist visas can't be extended exceot in the case of emergencies. For more information, head to this website.