Best Time to Visit McLeod Ganj
Peak Season to visit Mcleod Ganj is from February to June, when the weather ranges from pleasantly cool to bearably warm.
Shoulder Season: November to January is winter season in Mcleod Ganj when you can see snow fall on the mountains. The temperature ranges from -1 to 7 degrees Celsius, making it a great time to visit Mcleod Ganj.
Off-season: Mcleod Ganj sees monsoon season from July to September. But the town doesn’t see too much rainfall, so if you don’t mind a little drizzle when you are out and about and like off-season discounts, head to Mcleod Ganj at this time.
Budget for McLeod Ganj
For Budget Travellers: INR 800-1300 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and guesthouses: INR 600-800
- Food: INR 200-500
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1500-2000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels: INR 1200-2000
- Food: INR 600-900
- Local transport in autos and taxis: INR 400-500
For Luxury Travellers: INR 3000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 4000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 1800 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 1000 and upwards