Travel Articles And Blogs For Uttarakhand
Best Time to Visit Uttarakhand
Peak Season is from March to June, when summer come to Uttarakhand, making the days sunny and pleasant.
Shoulder Season: October to February is the winter season in Uttarakhand. This is the most beautiful time of the year in the hilly state, that sees frequent snowfalls.
Off-season: This is the time between July to September, when the monsoons visit Uttarakhand. Though the rain makes for a lush landscape, the state is prone to landslides during this period.
Budget for Uttarakhand
For Budget Travellers: INR 400 - 1000 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and guesthouses: INR 300 - 700
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 50 - 200
- Public Transport in buses and autorickshaws: INR 10 - 100
- Sightseeing: INR 10 - 50
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 1000 to INR 3000 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and resorts: INR 500 - 1000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 300 - 700
- Local transport in local taxis or car rentals: INR 400 - 600
- Treks and Hiking packages: INR 1000 and upwards
For Luxury Travellers: INR 6000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 3000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 800 and upwards
- Rentals for Bikes: INR 1800 - 2000
- Local transport in cabs: INR 400 and upwards
- Guided Tours and Rafting: INR 1000 and upwards