"Macao is a top tourist destination in Asia. It is basically known for its extravagant resorts and the gambling industry.
It was formerly a colony of the Portuguese Empire. This is the reason it has touch of the European culture as well.
I want to go Macao as I have heard a lot about it and hence these are the 20 things I am most curious to see and do :-
1. Sir Robert Ho Tung Library - Its a UNESCO world heritage site with many books.
2. Tricycle rickshaw- Taking a ride on this is a must if you ever visit Macau.
3. MGM Casino- MGM Macau is a 35-story hotel tower with 600 beautifully appointed rooms, suites and villas, a grand casino and private gaming salons for preferred customers. Would like to have a day’s stay if I get a chance.
4. Guia Fortress- This fortress gives a beautiful view of the city due its high location on a hill.
5. Grand Prix racing-If my trip is in the month of November, then watching a Grand Prix Race is a must for me.
6. Senado Square- Take in the European architecture and the bustling crowds at Senado Square. There are few places like this; the bright colonial buildings are gorgeous and make you think you are in Madrid or Lisbon, but the exquisite Chinese signs and temples blend seamlessly and create a rare multicultural environment.
7. Macau Tea Culture House- The Macao Tea Culture House is in Lou Lim Ioc Garden. Opened on 1 June 2005, it is managed by the Macao Civic and Municipal Affairs Bureau. Occupying 1,076 square metres, it is the first museum in Macao with tea culture as the theme.
8. A-Ma Temple- It situated on the southwest tip of the Macau Peninsula, is one of the oldest and most famous Taoist temples in Macau.
9. Dine like a local- For authentic Chinese food, I can visit Lord Stow's Bakery to Coloane Town Square.
10. The Michael Jackson Gallery-Micheal Jackson enthusiasts will be interested in seeing the nice little collection (free to visit) found at the Sofitel Macau at Ponte 16.
11. Lou Lim Ieoc Garden- It’s a beautiful Chinese garden in the city of Macau.
12. City of Dreams- If you are in Macau then you have to take a look at its huge Casino industry.
13. Fortaleza do Monte -It is the historical military centre of Macau. It forms part of the ""Historic Centre of Macau"", a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
14. Shopping on Rua da Tercena - This street has yet to become a major tourism point and is where you'll find underground shopping in Macau.
15. Greyhound racing stadium -More than 300 dogs run at the Canidrome, Asia’s only greyhound racing stadium.
16. Macau Science Centre -Designed by Chinese American architect I.M. Pei, the Macau Science Centre juts out along the ocean, and is easily visible to people taking ferries, cars, and trains.83
17. Our Lady of Penha -.The chapel served as a point of pilgrimage for sailors embarking on a hazardous voyage.
18. Kun Iam Temple (Goddess of Mercy temple)- Macau’s Goddess of Mercy temple was originally founded in the 13th century. Its latest incarnation, which features rooftop porcelain figurines, dates back to 1627.
19. Egg Tart Heaven- One of the famous local specialities to try when visiting Macao is the (Portuguese style) egg tart.
20. Combatting Pirates Monument-The ""Combatting Pirates Monument"" in the town square commemorates a 1910 incident in which pirates held more than a dozen Guangdong students for ransom.