Coming to the Point :
It’s time to cover what this particular article has been actually written for.
Here are the 7 things that you must know before you plan to visit Dudhsagar Waterfalls while in Goa:
1. The Jeep Charges per person from Mollem to Falls (Rs. 500) are for a Shared ride in a 7 seater Bolero jeep, unless of course you are 7 people in a group or you are willing to shell out Rs.3500 for entire jeep.
2. If you plan to visit Dudhsagar Falls , be aware that at least ¾ th you day will be invested there , for it will take a total of at least 5 hours to cover the Falls. It approx. takes 65-70 minutes for Jeep to reach Falls (one side) from Mollem however at times, waiting time near the forest entrance itself spans over 20-25 minutes, owing to congestion which is over the ride time mentioned earlier. Then once you reach the destination, you are given 1.5 hours to enjoy at the waterfall before heading back to Mollem.
3. Online Booking of Tickets for Dudhsagar Falls is now available. Checkout Goa Tourism website for details & avoid long queues during peak season.
4. Do carry your swimsuits with you so as to enjoy the waterfall to the fullest while the Indian Railways whistles & crosses over the bridge right above your torso.
5. Though food & water are very much available near the Jeep ticket counter however no such facility is available after that. So, make sure you don’t board the jeep with empty tummy. As for Toilets, yes, the portable types are there at one location after you reach the Falls but still, they are good for Nature’s short call only and hence tourists are advised to use washrooms near jeep ticket counters at Mollem.
6. The ride is obviously somewhat bumpy, so people with back aches & those with infants need to be little careful.
7. Beware of the monkeys at the entrance of falls (where the jeep will drop you). While they don’t seem to harm anyone but still as a precaution, take good care of your belongings especially food & spectacles.
I hope you found the write up useful. Would love to hear your feedback at email@example.com.
Namaste & Take Care !!