Visiting Deogarh was my longest drive in my home state. It is situated 270kms from Bhubaneswar with a platter full of tourist destinations. I drove through Mundali, Athagarah and Anugul state highway which didn’t disappointed me at all.
The road condition was so good that while returning I drove continuously with only a tea break from Deogarh to Bhubaneswar. The tourists places to visit in Deogarh are as follows:
1. Raja Bati: Where the current king of Deogarh is residing
2. Kurudkut Waterfall: This unknown waterfall is flowing deep inside dense forest. Though a small one but is well placed in amidst natural beauty of jungle. Govt has plan of a Hydro Electric Power Project on this waterfall.
A decent off-road leads to the parking area of this falls post which you have to walk 1.5 kms see this waterfall. Due to lack of promotion people are not aware of this place but it has got all potential to catch up tourism.
Streams flowing from Kurudukut Falls
3. Pradhanpat Waterfall: This cascade waterfall comes within the periphery of Debagada. This is a perineal falls surrounded by hills and dense forest.
Pradhanpat waterfall is also a famous picnic spots which attracts tourists in huge numbers round the year. The water falling is just like spraying someone from top. I was happy to see this place has been maintained well with nice resting area, small bridges, a temple etc.
4. Chikini Ghat Valley: This comes in out skirts of Deogarh town while traveling towards Riamal. Chikini Ghat valley offers some thrilling corners with a beautiful view point of entire Deogarh town situated in Phulapatharakhola ,NH200.
5. Olti Bargad/Olata Bata: Is a giant banyan tree located in the Purunagada part of the town greets the visitor on entry to Deogarh Town from Sambalpur side. The inverted leaves of this tree bear religious sanctity and are considered a strange botanical phenomenon.
Olti Bargad/Olata Bata
The other destinations are Gohira Dam, Daragadi Stream, Sri Jagannath Temple, Jhadeswar Temple, Deojharan Fall, Kailash Palace etc.
The full episodes of this series:
Rare Lime stone cliffs found in Deogarh
Travel pics available on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wanderlustonwheel/