Hi Amit! The best time to take a roadtrip to Ladakh is from June till September. During the summer, all roads and passes leading to Leh Ladakh are open and unrestricted, making your travel easier. The most popular place to start a self drive trip to Ladakh is Delhi. So, you can consider taking a flight till Delhi and from there, driving to Leh. If you start from Delhi, it will take you 3-4 days to reach Leh. You can check out these trips for more information and details on taking a road trip to Ladakh.
I would rather suggest otherwise ...Reach Ladakha via Srinagar, sonmarg, and come back via Manali.. As if you travel from srinagar, altitude changes are gradual and thus one can better control AMS syndrome...
Hi Amit, I suggest you to travel in white board plate bike as yellow board has restrictions in Leh Ladakh & you cannot take your bike everywhere. 1. Delhi - Srinagar - Leh - Manali
2. Delhi - Manali - Leh - Srinagar You need to take permits After Leh you have to take inline permit for each place, in single permit you have to mention all places you want to visit Rothang Pass permit you can apply through online but you have to take hard copy for sure & it is a bit hard
Summary for Road trip to Leh. ( Best time to travel will be June-oct)
Mumbai -> Jodhpur -> Amritsar -> Srinagar->Sonmarg->Kargil->Leh ladakh-> sightseeing places: Pangong lake-> Nubra Valley-> shy hemis thiksy, leh market etc.
if you wish you may come back via Manali ( Himachal ) or you may chose the same track back home. if you wish more details itinerary feel free to ping us.
cons: ALTITUDE SIKNESS (symtoms, sever headace,nausia etc)
Dear Amit, Reach Leh and Just go through this and make your own Itinerary. (i) Leh
1. Hall of Fame Museum 2. Namgyal Tsemo Monastery 3. Leh Palace 4. Zorawar Fort 5. Shanti Stupa ( Buddhist temple ) 6. Shey Palace ( Monastery ) 7. Thiksey ( Monastery ) 8. Hemis Gompa 9. Magnetic Hill 10. Gurudwara Pathar Sahib 11. Khardung La (ii) Nubra Valley
1. Diskit Gompa 2. Hunder Sand Dunes with Camel Safari 3. Turtuk Village 4. Tiger Camp 5. Charasa 6. Ensa Monastery (Gompa) 7. Yarab Tso Lake 8. Panamik Hot Spring (iii) Pangong Lake (iv) Changthang
1. Chushul 2. Hanle with Indian Astronomical Observatory 3. Tso Moriri Lake with wildlife 4. Puga Valley 5. Tso Kar Lake 6. Yaye Tso 7. Chumathang Hot Spring 8. Kiyari war memorial (v) Aryan Valley (vi) Leh to Kargil
1. Nimu village 2. Likir, Alchi, Lamayuru Monastery 3. Fotu La, Namika La 4. Mulbekh Monastery (vii) Suru Valley
1. Parkachik Glacier 2. Nun Kun mountain 3. Rangdum (viii) Zanskar Valley
1. Padum 2. Phuktal Gompa 3. Chadar Trek (ix) Hemis National Park
1. Stok kangri 2. National Park but Main Focus SNOW LEOPARD (x) Leh - Manali Road Trip
*** Leh --> Shey --> Thiksey --> Karu --> Upshi --> Rumtse --> Taglang La --> Debring --> More plains --> Pang --> Lachalung La --> Sarchu --> Suraj Tal --> Baralacha La --> Zing Zing Bar --> Darcha --> Jispa --> Kyelang --> Gondhla --> Khoksar --> Rohtang La --> Kothi --> Manali
Related Questions For You
Earn credits when your answers are upvoted by others.