Unless it’s raining or snowing, all meals are served alfresco, under an apricot tree! The meals are prepared by an in-house cook, but Nitin enjoys cooking family favourites for guests. Don’t miss out on the range of dals - Moradabadi, Punjabi dhaba dal with buttermilk, Lakhnavi arhar dal and bhuni moong with panch phoran, among others. For non-vegetarians a family recipe of Pahadi-style mountain goat meat with rice sounds unreal whilst sitting out on the alfresco in the fresh air. Try some of the best homemade jams, chutneys, pickles and juices made with fruits grown on the property orchard.
Things To Do During Your Stay at Raison D’etre
Although who wants to do anything when they are in a location like this besides relaxing? But if you are in a mood for a peaceful walk, the neighbourhood has some quiet walking trails up the hills, along the river and to villages nearby.
1. The homestay is a great starting point for walks to the nearby forest, village and the Dhakpo Shedrupling Monastery.
2. Go for river rafting, quad biking or ziplining.
3. Rent a motorbike to ride around the valley towards hot sulphur springs to bathe in or set up a cosy bonfire by the river.
4. A half-hour drive from the homestay, you can visit Himalayan dairy to sample cheese, a spot for local village food located close to a waterfall and several cafés where you can enjoy wood-fired pizzas.
5. The mall road in Manali is just 30 minutes away, good for some shopping options!
Address: Off NH-3, VPO Raison, Manali, Himachal Pradesh 175128, India
Price: Rs. 7,499 for two
Contact: +91 82192 48858, Website;
During your stay at Raison D’etre all you need to do is lie on the hammock in the orchard under the trees with the river right next to you. Plan your next stay in Manali at this homestay and sink your feet in the sand on the riverbank, enjoy hot chai and some garam garam meals whilst sharing a laugh with your loved ones!
Check out my below article if you are looking for more ideas for your next trip to Himachal Pradesh.
Affordable Homestays and B&BS in India That Are Surrounded by Nature Hidden in Himachal Pradesh
Plan A Trip To These Beautiful Places in The Mountains of Himachal Pradesh
Think we missed out on something? Tell us about it in the comments below. Or write about it here on Tripoto and earn Tripoto Credits!