Explore Hong Kong with us on foot with our below travel tips:
1.TRAVEL DURATION :To start with the duration of trip, we suggest 5 nights and 6 days would be enough to explore the city and you can also add Macau along with Hong Kong if you are a casino freak.
2. EXPLORE ON YOUR OWN: Booking a tour package or hiring a travel guide is not the best option for Hong Kong. As, it is very easy to explore Hong Kong on your foot. All the places are easily accessible and well connected via MTR, Trams, Buses and ferries. So, you can plan a budgeted trip on you own.
3. BOOK YOUR LOCAL VISIT WISELY: Make you all bookings for local sight visits via KLOOK. This website is your guide to the world's most exciting attractions and experiences. You can book tickets at prices you won't find anywhere else plus a benefit of saving your time as you don't have to wait for your turn in queue. They even offer express check in for various sights
4. TAKE THE AIRPORT EXPRESS: Getting to and from the Hong Kong International airport couldn't be any easier. The Airport Express connects the airport to Kowloon and Hong Kong Island in under 24 minutes. Get on the train right at the airport and Enjoy the first view of beautiful city.
5. GET AN OCTOPUS CARD: This is a must thing to have in Hong Kong. It will make your life easier. An octopus card is basically like a prepaid debit card but it works all over Hong Kong be it buses, trams, departmental store, MTR, restaurants etc.
6. STAY AT CENTER OF THE CITY: We would suggest to book airbnb. The apartments available are really very good. Since most of the buildings are skyscrapers you will get a amazing view of the city from your apartment plus your privacy would be maintained. Choose airbnb close to MTR station for easy connectivity.
7. ALWAYS TAKE THE MTR : The MTR in Hong Kong is super easy to understand and get around. If you purchase an octopus card like we mentioned above, you just touch your card and you can move around the city freely.
8. WHERE TO EAT CHEAP: The city is expensive, we're not going to lie. Some of the best and cheapest places to eat in Hong Kong are the little local places. In Hong Kong Dim Sum is king, but you can also find some awesome wonton noodle soup, egg tarts, Hong Kong waffles, etc. For our Indian friends, there are separate area in Tim Tsha Tui which has bunch of Indian restaurants..which u can easily find it using google.
9. SHOP TILL YOU DROP: Hong Kong is a shoppers paradise. In Causeway Bay you can enjoy the exhilaration of shopping under the neon lights late into the night, while Mongkok has markets dedicated to everything from flowers to goldfish. Must visit: Ladies market, Temple street, Hollywood road, Stainely market etc.
10. BEST HONG KONG SKYLINE AT VICTORIA HARBOUR: The best Hong Kong tip for taking a picture of the Hong Kong Skyline is to view it from Victoria Harbour on the Kowloon.
11. MUST VISIT: Lantau island, Big Buddha, victoria harbour, Disney land, Victoria Peak.
12. A GREAT TIP FOR OUR INDIAN TRAVELLERS: Now you can reach Disneyland from Delhi in just 5 hours by SpiceJet. Plus fares for a round trip are priced at 30% cheaper than what you'd pay for full-service flights.
Do remember this while planning your trip.