It is just the perfect weather to visit Old delhi to savor some delicious food. This post is dedicated to Winters, since summer makes it absolutely difficult to roam the alleys of old Delhi and try this lip smacking food.
I happen to be a member of a food group that organises old Delhi food walks every year ( search FB for our group Delhi Foodies -We live to eat) and even though I am a veggie gravitarion I attended the food walk this year and loved it. We explored some legendary places selling lip smacking food.
The old Delhi food walk had been on my wish list for long but I had somehow not been able to visit earlier. I finally visited this year and I am glad I did.
1. Natraj Dahi Bhalla Corner - This place is actually in Chandni chowk and not Jama masjid but I recommend you start your trip. Here. I started my trip With this legendary place too. When you get off the Chandni Chowk Metro Station you reach the famous Natraj Dahi bhalley shop in one small alley leading to the main road. This one is one of the most famous chat and bhalla shops in Old Delhi and the dahi bhalla is just outstanding. Must visit for the Bhalla.
2. Cool point Shahi Tukda - I discovered this perfect winter dessert for the sweet cravings inside of you. If you live in Delhi and haven't tried this , well then life's a waste. Trust me. Having heard and read so much about their rabdi and ice cream I can never get enough of this dessert combination and innovation. Rabdi (sweetened thick milk reduction ) topped with an in-house kesar pista and Mango ice cream scoop. This people is heaven personified. Must have in old Delhi. They also sell some mind blowing shahi tukda which I will try next time for sure. Located very close to Jama masjid Metro Station this place is a must visit
3. Qureshi Kebab Corner - The first place my carnivore friends hit opposite Jama Masjid was this one for juicy and succulent kebabs. I hear they are quite juicy. Try them for yourself
4. Haji Mohd. Hussain - for the next stop we visited in Jama masjid for some juicy succulent fried fish and fried chicken taken out fresh from the frying pans to your plate. This place is located close to Al jawahar and karims and serves some lip smacking meats. Must visit
5. Aslam Chicken - now you cannot ignore this place for the legendary butter chicken. It's not ur usual gravy butter chicken. It's a tandoori chicken topped with real butter. I recommend you devour this with a Roomali Roti and you will thank me.
6. Haji Shabrati Nihari wale - Outstanding Nihari to be had with a khameeri Roti. Must try the brain curry too. He cooks the Nihari for 8-10 hours now wonder it's so tender and the gravy is just outstanding.
7. Karim Hotel - visit this place only for the legendary value. Even though the food is better off at Al-Jawahar try some kebabs and mutton stew here nonetheless.
8. Al-Jawahar - try the superb Chicken and paneer changezi for sure and you will thank God. Must visit
© Follow Sam on Instagram - Search for sgkatoch
© Follow Sam on Twitter - Search for @GanjuShambavi
© Follow Sam on Zomato - www.zomato.com/shambavi
© What Sam says about________ ?