My trip to Riga was a work trip so it was not in the best weather. I visited a little before spring, which means no snow and no greenery.
- Best time to visit will be August - September.
- Well connected. Tram, bus or taxi is available anytime and very convenient.
- Take a walk through the cobble stone streets of Old Riga. Its ancient alleyways, historic monuments and art nouveau buildings will give you a true medieval experience.
- Latvia got freedom only few years ago & they have first hand stories to share. Make friends and you will get to know more than what internet can offer.
- Visit St Peter's Church Tower. It gives you panorama view of the rooftops of the Old Town (Costs 7 Euros).
- Take a day trip to Sigulda & Cesis. Small towns with charming castles and beautiful countryside.