Best Time to Visit Indonesia
Peak season: July and August are the two months when there is a lot of tourist activity across Indonesia. Prices might be on the higher side so it is advisable to have advance bookings.
Shoulder season: May, June and September are the months when the weather is good in Java, Bali and Lombok. Commuting may not be a problem as there are less number of tourists compared to the peak season.
Off-season: October to April is the period when you can get cheap deals on packages except during the Christmas season. The weather tends to be dry which is ideal for diving in Maluku and Papua.
Budget for Indonesia
For Budget Travellers: INR 1000 - 1700 a day
- Accommodation in hostels and lodges: INR 700-900
- Food in local cafes and street eateries: INR 200-500
- Public Transport INR 100-150
- Sightseeing: INR 200-300
For Mid-range Travellers: INR 2000 to INR 3500 a day
- Accommodation in mid-range hotels and homestays: INR 1200-2000
- Food in mid-range cafes and restaurants: INR 700-1000
- Local transport local taxis: INR 100-400
- Sightseeing & Tours: INR 100-500
For Luxury Travellers: INR 8000 and upwards
- Accommodation in 4* or 5* hotels: INR 4000 and upwards
- Food in upscale restaurants and bars: INR 1000 and upwards
- Local transport in cabs: INR 400 and upwards
- Sightseeing and Activities: INR 1000 and upwards
Visa Information for Indonesia
Indonesia is one country where Indian passport holders can get the Indonesian visa on arrival for a minimum period of one month. You can even extend your stay with a prior notice to the immigration office. Indonesian visa on arrival will cost around INR 2,300. More than 65 countries are eligible to for visa on arrival which includes Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, the Netherlands, the UK, New Zealand and the USA. Nationals of countries which do not qualify for a visa on arrival have to get a visa in advance. For more details visit: http://www.visabali.com/tourist-visas.php